Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Whats the matter with these lungfish?  (Read 685 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Whats the matter with these lungfish?
« on: November 06, 2011, 05:00:16 am »

Seriously.
I have just expanded my farms, evrything is going well and bla bla bla.
Then i see 2 lungfish just laying around in my farm.
You have to first go down my main staircase, go trough the dining room, into the food storage and then up a stairs to get to my farms.
And yet there are lungfish in my farm.
I really dont get it.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the matter with these lungfish?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 05:17:53 am »

Did your farm expansion have anything to do with irrigation?

As I understand it fish spawn in water.. but when water disappears the fish disappear along with it.
 Lungfish on the other hand crawl around land too. So if they happened to spawn while you were irrigating the farms then they could be left behind right afterwards?
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 05:26:18 am »

Did your farm expansion have anything to do with irrigation?

As I understand it fish spawn in water.. but when water disappears the fish disappear along with it.
 Lungfish on the other hand crawl around land too. So if they happened to spawn while you were irrigating the farms then they could be left behind right afterwards?

No, im lucky enough to have quite alot of soil, so i didnt use water to irrigate.
But thanks for saying that lungfish can crawl on land too.
It just seemed a bit weird to have fish crawl around in my farm. (and around my river, as far as that is concerned)

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 05:39:35 am »

Well ... they usually crawl around land and they CAN decide to crawl very far away from the water source.

I'm just surprised that they both crawled all the way to the farm together and managed to avoid cats eating them. It is highly unusual.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 06:43:41 am »

Weird that i dont have cats in my dining room. I  bet they all adopted some dwarves.
Ah well. Thanks for your help!

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 12:09:34 pm »

At least they are not hated vermin. Good luck, Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 12:15:59 pm »

Lungfish are vermin, and like all vermin they teleport around. They are harmless, too.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 12:55:55 pm »

If you look in the raws, you will see this comment above [AMPHIBIOUS]: "Should be able to breathe air, but this amphib tag makes it beach itself, need new tag."
They've been like that ever since they were added in the first 3D version.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.