Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A violent ghost.  (Read 355 times)

Faeryx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A violent ghost.
« on: November 04, 2011, 05:27:21 am »

I read on the wiki that in order to get rid of ghosts that you cannot find the body of, you need to engrave a slab to memorialize them, I have constructed two slabs and place them, but how do I engrave them?
Give them a nice trap gauntlet to run, maybe a "dodge-me" trap over a 10-z pit lined with menacing copper spikes, so they explode into greasy goblin gibs on impact and leave the lovely iron bits for your dwarves to collect at leisure.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
Re: A violent ghost.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 05:41:17 am »

You have to have them engraved before they're placed, using a craftdwarf's workshop if I remember correctly.

humblegar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 07:15:56 am »

Yes. Create a slab first.

Then new order->alt-s at the craftdwarf's and find the name (think you need someone with engraving enabled to do it).
When it is done, build->alt-s again to place it.

You should get a "Urist McGhost has been put to rest" message as a confirmation.

For merchant ghosts or dwarves you simply cannot find at the craftdwarf's you can assign "dead" and "killed" to it in runesmith. Not sure how good the runesmith solution is, but it has at least killed some ghosts for me that I otherwise could not get rid of.

Faeryx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 08:51:15 am »

Thanks for the help guys!
Give them a nice trap gauntlet to run, maybe a "dodge-me" trap over a 10-z pit lined with menacing copper spikes, so they explode into greasy goblin gibs on impact and leave the lovely iron bits for your dwarves to collect at leisure.