Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stockpiling hospital  (Read 505 times)

LittleJP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stockpiling hospital
« on: November 06, 2011, 03:59:06 pm »

So, my dwarfs aren't stockpiling the hospital with the needed supplies. So far, losses include no one important, but something that I'd like to be able to fix as soon as possible.
In case it wasn't obvious, I do know that dividing by zero is a mathematical impossibility. I do not know, however, how this dwarven calculator would react if anyone attempted the impossible. Please, someone try! xD
If you look back in the thread, some people did try, and they got 8008135, which is significant only in that the digits resemble the letter in "BOOBIES".
And so dwarf fortress solves yet another of lifes great mysteries.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stockpiling hospital
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 04:07:47 pm »

Do you have coffers or bags for them to put the supplies in? You need coffers or bags in the hospital zone for the dwarves to put the supplies in for them to be counted by the hospital. Stockpiles in the zone won't be counted.

Note that it's not actually important to have the supplies counted by the zone; doctors can and will go outside the hospital's stocks to find medical materials if they have to. The supplies being present just makes them closer and more accessible.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 06:04:09 pm »

Just be real careful about reserving too much stuff for the hospital. Dorfs in moods will not use reserved supplies
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

LittleJP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 07:32:02 pm »

I have 4 coffers set up, along with 4 beds and tables.
In case it wasn't obvious, I do know that dividing by zero is a mathematical impossibility. I do not know, however, how this dwarven calculator would react if anyone attempted the impossible. Please, someone try! xD
If you look back in the thread, some people did try, and they got 8008135, which is significant only in that the digits resemble the letter in "BOOBIES".
And so dwarf fortress solves yet another of lifes great mysteries.

geoduck

• Bay Watcher
  • mollusk
    • View Profile
    • Geoduck's Page
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 08:43:05 pm »

Personally, I've started placing my soap/crutch/splint stockpiles right inside the hospital. It doesn't count on the hospital's official tally, but it's all right there when the doctors need it. (I also install some coffers, and yes, stuff gets moved in there from the stockpiles, which is fine.)
Geoduck's graphic set: simple and compact!