Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Getting rid of Ghosts  (Read 1006 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Getting rid of Ghosts
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 10:58:04 pm »

Don't feel bad.  I just read this thread and used it too.  I couldn't get rid of a ghost, either.  It kept creating miasma by moving my food around.  How'd you get rid of him?  I went into properties of that ghost and checked the box that said Dead.  Then he poofed.  Hope I didn't screw up the entire race of Ghosts.  I like making slabs and stuff, just not the impossible to cure ones.  Guess I'll find out with the next death.
I'm not a user of Runesmith myself, but IIRC marking a ghost as both "Dead" and "Killed" will remove them and insure that they never rise again.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2011, 06:25:21 pm »

I have it confirmed. Marking them as "dead" won't wipe out all ghosts permanently - the game will still create new ones for you to deal with.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2011, 08:26:31 am »

Thanks.  Its my belief this should be stickied or put on the Wiki, mabye I'll ask Emi in chat.  An irremovable ghost can really gnaw at a player's psyche over the longhaul.
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.
Pages: 1 [2]