Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What did you last dream?  (Read 879 times)

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
What did you last dream?
« on: October 26, 2011, 11:54:30 pm »

Didn't find a thread for this, so i thought i'd get one started. Basically, what was your most recent dream that you can remember?

Mine was this morning when i was sleeping in. I can't remember all of it, but i did catch the final bit. It was like i was playing Halo 3: ODST, but it wasn't a level in the game, so maybe it was in like ODST 2 or something :P.

I was on the roof of a skyscraper, and i could see other skyscrapers around (think the New Alexandria level from Halo: Reach, except it wasn't raining and it was slightly closer to daytime lighting). I piloted a Pelican (went to 3rd-person view and everything) that was nearby, and i knew my objective was to land on the rooftop of a building somewhere off in the distance. As i'm flying i sort of look up and see some big-ass Covenant ships going over (like, pretty damn close to the city. Airplane height, that sorta thing), probably Cruisers and such, and the sky was going weird colors and explosions were going off up there. I remember something was attacking the Pelican as i was flying, and i was having trouble with the controls (with the 360 controller IRL, so to speak. That seems to be something that i have sometimes with dreams like this, i "control" my movements both as if it is actually me and also with a controller at the same time. It's hard to explain) and i almost crashed into a building, but i was able to regain control and quickly land on the rooftop which triggered a cutscene, the details of which i can't really remember. I woke up just afterwards.

The whole time, the first two minutes or so of this was playing.

Looking back, it actually seemed rather epic to me. What was yours?
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: What did you last dream?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 11:56:07 pm »

I dreamt that my family was arguing with each other. Turns out, it wasn't just a dream, although my mind was altering parts of it to "make sense" in the dream world.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 01:42:52 am »

Can't remeber it now, but i've been having some pretty wierd dreams for the last few days, completely twisted and often terrifying at points, i have no idea why but i've started reading American Gods yesterday and that certainly can't be helping X(
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 01:48:25 am »

I drempt I was driving this light blue pickup truck with tractor wheels in the back, and was absolutely smashing through everything in my path.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 02:08:40 am »

In my dream,
momentarily,
I was god.

My left hand had blue stuff

my right had fire red stuff

before me was earth,

when I moved my right near it, it burned

when I moved my left near it, it turned greener

I kept doing this till it turned black or brown or something, and there was a sound similar to the ringing sound you hear when a bomb goes off that drowns out everything else.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 03:57:56 am »

I dreamed I had a jetpack and flew all over europe exploring towns and cities etc. I couldn't understand anything of what people was saying but that was ok. Flying around forests and mansions etc was awesome. Also I dreamed I was a detective looking for a murderer, but while eating lunch this tornado appeared on the beach and started blowing everyone away and everything went dark o-o

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 03:59:21 am »

I don't remember.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 10:20:00 pm »

[REDACTED]

Because seriously.

Oh, and also something about me jumping off a bridge, hitting the water, flying up next to the bridge, reaching the apex of my flight, falling towards the water, etc.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable