Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cave Crocodile Adventure!  (Read 956 times)

TerryDactyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cave Crocodile Adventure!
« on: October 17, 2011, 09:02:35 pm »

Something went wrong. Very, very wrong.

It might be on account of the fortress defense mod I'd installed... but when my Dwarven Adventurer stepped into being, he was surprised to discover that he was, in fact, a cave crocodile.

Or was I dreaming?

It got stranger. After some time wandering around underground, picking fights with otherwise friendly cave-creatures, I decided to settle in for a nap. When I awoke, I was someone, somewhere altogether different. A troll. And then it all gets a little hazy.

In any case, I did savescum the moment I discovered something was amiss.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cave Crocodile Adventure!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 10:43:44 pm »

I've never heard about this happening right after starting the game.

INTERESTING. The glacier bug in a new form.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 01:15:58 am »

I've never heard about this happening right after starting the game.

INTERESTING. The glacier bug in a new form.
sounds like the game could not spawn a dwarf and just body swap you into a random creature.
you are now stuck in Quantum leap if you want to stay in the body better grab ol' Dfusion and use adv_tools perma adventure swap option.
though bewarn, that command needs to be rerun every time you load up the save.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 01:24:29 am »

I've actually had this happen quite a bit with a modded civ that was set to spawn in oceans. They would actually build their 'towns' on open water. ie; not building a damn thing, but the game thought it still counted. Then, when you tried to play as them in adventure mode, you would be some animal in the caverns. Sometimes on freezing oceans you would spawn per normal on solid ice, only for it to thaw long enough for you to fall in, and then freeze again, encasing you in ice.

The fix was to have them begin in wetlands or another land biome, and simply prefer to live in oceans. They now build towns around the shores, and it's safe to play as them. All the buildings are constructed behind the beach, on shore.

I know of the 'glacier bug' too, which I think has something to do with sleeping out on a frozen ocean.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 07:06:19 am »

The same thing happened when my Kobold decided to sleep in the middle of the arctic ocean.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 07:15:52 pm »

You may have duped raws, check in case.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.