Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: War with the elves [in 0.34.0x]  (Read 1819 times)

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
War with the elves [in 0.34.0x]
« on: February 19, 2012, 05:17:38 pm »

So, I've generated maybe half a dozen worlds so far, not a lot.  I noticed that none of the dwarven civs were extinct (no blue statues showing in the world map) and none of them were at war with the elves at the time of embark.

Have I just been unlucky in my few searchs for my favorite embark (a civ that is at war with elves, and no longer has any fortresses/mountain homes shown on the map) in the latest version or does that no longer happen as much?  I'm some of you have generated many more worlds than I've had time for in the last five days ... :D
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: War with the elves [in 0.34.0x]
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 05:21:34 pm »

I don't know about extinct but I have a couple of worlds so far with "war with elves". My current 34.02 civ is fortifying and waiting for necro's and elves to start sieging.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 10:16:06 pm »

I don't know about extinct but I have a couple of worlds so far with "war with elves". My current 34.02 civ is fortifying and waiting for necro's and elves to start sieging.
I guess I've just been unlucky so far. ;)
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 10:26:14 pm »

Try increasing the # of civilizations in worldgen. I make pocket worlds with 25 civs, this gives me about 5-6 Dwarven civs, I then cycled through the home civs until I found the 1 at war with the elves.

Leonance

• Bay Watcher
  • Moltar shows us how dwarves solve all problems.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 10:27:28 pm »

I guess I've just been unlucky so far. ;)

I thought the whole Dwarves Vs. Elves thing was just something we established ourselves in the community did in the forts due to our civilization's unneeded treaties with the filthy hippies. Or has this changed recently?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 10:39:22 pm »

It's a worldgen thing, definitely not new, sometimes Dwarves and Elves go head to head ... check out the old Cacame thread ... about the ass-kicking elf king of the dwarves due to a war in 40d...Cacame, who kills dragons with his bare hands...

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Cacame_Awemedinade

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 12:04:52 pm »

I took me more than 30 world gens, but I have a war with elves, it only works around the middle of the (fortunately smaller) island, but you can have all civs, attack elves and tower. I can post the world if you want, just abandon my nascent fort and enjoy.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?