Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Ruler of the Rebellion: Phase 0, Update 6 - Power of the Kings  (Read 3504 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ruler of the Rebellion: Phase 0, Update 4
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2011, 03:14:40 pm »

You ask your teacher why it must be a monarchy, and he replies "Because that is the only type of rule that will bring our people under one banner. You may one day very well change how you rule as you see fit, but you must first complete the many trials that lay ahead of you, and our people. As for the other questions I can only answer one of them. Our race has no God as he died, or disappeared long ago all we have is this book which may have some link to our lost Creator.

You sit there, and think for a moment, and then say "To tell you the truth, I don't think I'm cut out to be a king... Then again, I don't think anybody is, otherwise we wouldn't need a revolution in the first place."

Of course, the teacher was holding the book, and he wasn't a king, so that told you something about the prophecy right there, didn't it? Just because Lewis took the book, that didn't mean he had to own up to what people were expecting--and, digging a little deeper, the prophecy only said that the book would make the next King or Queen, not necessarily that the one who held it would be the King or Queen.

So maybe Lewis wasn't cut out to be a monarch, but a vizier? Or something else? That just might work.

"On the other hand, you never know until you try. Better a builder than a warrior, anyway." You then reach out your hand, and the teacher reaches forward, and places it into your hand. Suddenly you feel a jolt of power surge through you, and rip your consciousness out of your body, and into the book. You black out, and after what seems like hours your vision slowly fades back in, but you find yourself not in the teacher's room, but standing on a massive stone platform surrounded by endless darkness from which you can hear laughter, and the sounds of joy, but you can screams, and the other sounds of war.

After taking a look around you hear a voice coming from the shadows, it is filled with power, and you can tell the being who is talking is one of power, it says "You are to be the next one who shall wield my power are you? Or do you wish for answers that only I know before you accept. For believe me you will accept you have no choice." Towards the end you hear a bit of cruelty, and humor enter his voice as if he was excited by the fact you could not escape this fate now.

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ruler of the Rebellion: Phase 0, Update 3
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2011, 03:19:59 pm »

"What are you, who are you, why have I been choosen?"
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2011, 06:14:40 pm »

Side Note: You can ask this 'voice' anything you would like to know, but even it has an end to its knowledge, and some of it can not be revealed to you for various reasons.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2011, 11:01:00 pm »

"Do you have a name?"
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2011, 11:04:21 pm »

"What do the star signs have to do with a person's development?"
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ruler of the Rebellion: Phase 0, Update 5
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2011, 03:10:06 pm »

You quickly spit out a bunch of questions, and wait for a reply, it takes a bit, but the voice finally responds saying "I am Kilsa, as to what I am, now that is a good question. I guess you would call me a God, or at least what is left of one, for that is what I once was, and it was I who created your people. Next, for the Star Signs all I can say is that each has an effect on the newborn as each star sign gifts them with some of its power, though what power you gained even I do not know." He takes a break from talking, and you notice all the noises had stopped as if they were spirits listening to your conversation. You hear him exhale, and then he speaks again "Now for the most important question to be answered. You have been chosen, because you are one of the few of your race that can handle the power I bestow upon my carrier, and most importantly you will do what is right for your people when the time comes."

You hear mumbles of agreement from numerous other voices, and then Kilsa continues "Along this path you will witness death, murder, and cruelty of all kind during battle, and from the hands of the Imperials. You must stand fast, and hold your hope as if it was the very light that would destroy the Empire for if your hope falters then your race will die, and the Empire will win. Now I ask you do you accept the power of your Creator, and swear never to reveal me, anything you have learned from me, and anything you will learn from me?"

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2011, 03:31:30 pm »

"I accept, wait! I am a Krisa, and as such only know of Krisas and dwarfs, or dwarves, however you spell it, what races will I met?"

Time Blossom

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:COUCH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2011, 03:43:16 pm »

"Hmm..."

He ponders the question for a few moments.

"Yes, probably, no and no. Considering what you want me to do, there's no predicting what sort of information I might need to share, so I can't promise you that I won't. And keeping you a secret is common sense, so I won't go telling anybody about the book if I don't have to--but again, I don't know what the future's going to bring."

"If you can't live with that, well, I guess you can go back to waiting on somebody more willing to lie to you, if that's what you'd prefer."
Time Blossom cancels everything: NaNoWriMo

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ruler of the Rebellion: Phase 0, Update 6 - Power of the Kings
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2011, 07:26:14 pm »

Kilsa laughs, and it booms through the darkness before he says "That is the answer I wanted to hear, after all only a idiot takes a deal to gain knowledge if they can't use it. Now goodbye my Wielder for now it is up to you, but I will be back eventually for now I must rest." And as the words echo through the void you are suddenly flung back into your body, and find yourself in a small room. The walls seem to be made of dirt, a door lies on the far side, and several chests are scattered along the wall here and their. You find the book is under your pillow, and you can now read the title, The Book of Kings. You stand up grasp the book, and look around once again wondering what to do.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Attributes, and Skills (click to show/hide)

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ruler of the Rebellion: Phase 0, Update 6 - Power of the Kings
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2011, 07:35:10 pm »

Trying hard to listen to anything that might be going on, check out the chests.
Pages: 1 2 [3]