Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any penalties for having multiple weapons in hands?  (Read 766 times)

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Any penalties for having multiple weapons in hands?
« on: October 17, 2011, 05:56:24 am »

If I equip a crossbow, long sword and a warhammer in one hand, and a shield in the other, do I get accuracy penalties or something? Sort of like multigrasp.

I'm thinking about having items for all occasions ready to use. On the next ambush, I'll be able to fire a few bolts, and when they come near I'll stab them with the sword, since crossbows are not very effective at killing goblins...
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Any penalties for having multiple weapons in hands?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 07:20:27 am »

I don't think you can fire the crossbow if you're holding something in the other hand.

That may be wrong though. I just remember finding out at the worst possible time that my adventurer wouldn't shoot the  bandits.
[Signature]

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Any penalties for having multiple weapons in hands?
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 07:24:21 am »

You can :)

Only it looks like crossbows can't be equipped with both longsword and warhammer, just one of them. I think it was a bow that I equipped with both.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.