Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hilarious stuff from Legends Mode  (Read 2387 times)

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
Hilarious stuff from Legends Mode
« on: October 06, 2011, 03:48:34 pm »

Exactly what it says in the title. Browse Legends Mode and post stuff you think is weird and/or hilarious.

I was browsing the history of a human civilization conquered by "Donu Gravefrothed the Mysterious Ash", a lizard brute. Eventually I came across the message "In the late spring of 107, the human *name forgotten* became the master of The Barricaded Confederacy". Curious, I cracked open Donu's biography.

"In the late spring of 107, Donu was struck down by a grizzly bear at Petalsatins."

Exit left, pursued by a bear.

(I thought megabeasts could only be killed by other megabeasts in worldgen?)

Koronii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hilarious stuff from Legends Mode
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 01:32:07 am »

He doesn't really count as a megabeast since he's a member of a civilization. If he was out in some cave somewhere that'd be different.

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 02:18:50 am »

Exactly what it says in the title. Browse Legends Mode and post stuff you think is weird and/or hilarious.

I was browsing the history of a human civilization conquered by "Donu Gravefrothed the Mysterious Ash", a lizard brute. Eventually I came across the message "In the late spring of 107, the human *name forgotten* became the master of The Barricaded Confederacy". Curious, I cracked open Donu's biography.

"In the late spring of 107, Donu was struck down by a grizzly bear at Petalsatins."

Exit left, pursued by a bear.

(I thought megabeasts could only be killed by other megabeasts in worldgen?)
I'm reasonably sure [foo] brutes are usually clowns, and I am uncertain those fall under the megabeast umbrella.

Although I suppose it might be a Titan, or Forgotten beast of some flavor
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 03:57:57 pm »

Most likely it's that his civ was at some point ruled by a demon, who then died. Probably to a megabeast. Their leader was gone, but the position stayed and this poor sucker got it just to be eaten by a grizzly bear.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 01:57:16 am »

I know for a fact that megabeasts can't only be killed by other megabeasts during worldgen--I've had an INCREDIBLY large amount of megabeasts die to humans and such, so much that the golden age/age of heroes is incredibly common.

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 02:09:02 am »

I once read about a dwarf who fought an elf, got chopped up into bits and then got eaten.

And that a clown got smoked by a grizzly as well. I think grizzly bears have the ability to destroy such horrible monsters that are way bigger then they are. Cause alot of clowns have been killed by bears of destruction. If toady reads this, make a bear megabeast. :D

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 03:06:25 pm »

I once read about a dwarf who fought an elf, got chopped up into bits and then got eaten.

And that a clown got smoked by a grizzly as well. I think grizzly bears have the ability to destroy such horrible monsters that are way bigger then they are. Cause alot of clowns have been killed by bears of destruction. If toady reads this, make a bear megabeast. :D
The MegaBear, BurnFlames The Fiery Scream of Death, has come to your Fortress!
Urist McBorderLoitering cancels Store Item in Stockpile: Interrupted by megabear
{Queue Urist suddenly occupying multiple tiles}
Urist McBorderLoitering has been struck down!
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

eggrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 10:55:55 am »

Are abductions by twilight monsters common?

I perused Legends mode for the first time and the first dwarven civilization I found ("The Inky Tools") founded a mountain hall (Rootedmerchants - Yes, 'mercheants' is misspelled.) The second year of their founding saw the queen of Rootedmerchants abducted and changed to a twilight monster wife by Spos Urnsable, who then fought her own, former civilization until the king of The Inky Tools, Lokum Budwhip struck her down. In revenge, Spos killed Lokum a few years later.

The same twilight monster, Spos Urnsable fought and defeated the general of The Inky Tools, Kel Strokedlantern, seventy years after the abduction of Rootedmerchants first queen, but was unable to abduct her. However, another twilight monster did abduct and change Kel and sired a son on her, which was oddly named Spos.

The whole history of the place is interesting and tragic (but nowhere near as epic as the Tholtig Cryptbrain story). I had a nice history typed up, got my DF and IE windows mixed and destroyed the entire post with the ESC key. That pissed me off so I embarked at the last known location of Spos Urnsable, surrounded on all sides by an elven civilization that was established in a swamp.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 10:57:32 am by eggrock »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 05:39:47 pm »

Twilight monsters are night creature trolls, one of the only three night creatures currently existing in the game (anything with ñ or Ñ as their symbol). Their entire purpose in life is to abduct and convert.

So, yes, they're as common as elves eating people, megabeasts killing people, and world leaders dying of starvation.

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2011, 10:54:29 pm »

I havn't seen an age of heroes since the underworld was put in.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 11:37:47 pm »

I havn't seen an age of heroes since the underworld was put in.
Start modding, you'll see them all over the damn place.

Box

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMINHUNTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2011, 12:03:17 am »

Morul Uzloish was the general of The Virtuous Razors. In 140, he held off a goblin siege.  In 146, a cyclops came and Morul killed it without being harmed in the slightest in an effortless battle.  He later went on to lead two assaults against the Elven stronghold (?) of Flutecrush in 152, where it can be assumed he crushed them solo if he took on a cyclops without even being scratched.  The very next year, he lead his army against another Elven civilization at Lacecut.  It was there that he finally met his end at the paws of a grizzly bear.

Fikod Picksack was a female dwarf and became the general of The Ordered Channels, another dwarven civ, at the age of 59 in 164.  The same year, only a season apart, two goblin sieges were laid against The Ordered Channels.  Both were held off by the valiant dwarf and her army.  However, shortly after the second siege, she died.  Not due to any injury by the sieges, but to a grizzly bear.

I'm starting to think that bears are the real megabeasts here.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 12:09:42 am by Box »
You should come inside the box.

Then you'll know what I mean.

eggrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 11:44:48 am »

Twilight monsters are night creature trolls, one of the only three night creatures currently existing in the game (anything with ñ or Ñ as their symbol). Their entire purpose in life is to abduct and convert.

So, yes, they're as common as elves eating people, megabeasts killing people, and world leaders dying of starvation.

Heh, the last unChanged dwarven resident of this fort died to starvation after beating off the last (rather, latest) attack.