Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lets Play Cataclysm with community involvement  (Read 3100 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Cataclysm with community involvement
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 07:14:15 pm »

Kill dead things.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2011, 07:18:47 pm »

Kill dead things.

We've crossed most of the town without finding dead things, and might need to consider where to find dead things to kill. Or where to get a backpack and fill it with delicious vodka and molotovs, and then go kill lots of dead things with fire.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2011, 09:50:16 pm »

I vote we go hunting for dead scientists. Once we have an ID card we can setup shop in the lab and document the horrible things THE MAN is doing in the name of science. Also, if you empty a couple of rifle clips, you should find dead things.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2011, 11:19:06 pm »

Teresa wanders around town, blowing little fuzzy-tailed rats into clouds of pink mist with her new toy, occasionally entering shops and shoving things into her pockets. Along the way, she ditches her messenger bag in exchange for a pair of backpacks.  She wears one on each side of her torso, which is exactly as awkward as it sounds, seriously encumbering her upper body. She finds a nail gun and a packet of nails in a hardware store, which will work much better against small woodland creatures. Upon exiting the store, she comes face to snout with a wolf, which shortly thereafter gains a shiny new nail in its left eye.

As she continues through the town, she hears a strange voice repeating her name in her ears in a gentle whisper. A few moments later, she begins to shake uncontrollably, and then feels the irresistable urge to lie down in the middle of the road and sleep. Thankfully, her Insomnia prevents her from succumbing to this aspect of her mental illness.

With no sign of the undead, Teresa continues to wander, collecting random things, including a substantial supply of vodka. She makes several molotov cocktails from the inferior rum and whiskey, and continues to walk around town until she finds a small circle of bodies in lab coats and dust masks. She pulls several bottles of water from their pockets, along with a pair of strange electronic devices and a blob of some sort of purple gel. She reaches down to pluck a small, plastic card from the lapel of one of the corpses. Suddenly, she notices a squirrel sitting a few feet away, staring at her with those beady little eyes. She tosses the card back onto the corpse, pulling one of her new molotovs out of a backpack, lighting it with a few slow movements, before gently backing up, and then tossing it at the squirrel. The little monster quickly darts off as the flames consume the corpses.

Sorry about the lack of pics right now, but imgur is having trouble with uploads, so I'm going to wait and edit them in tomorrow morning. For reference, we've now got medical and biohazard CBMs, but with no power and no skills, there is no point in mangling the body of our heroine in a failed installation, unless you all want to be complete bastards and turn her into a crippled, schizophrenic, insomniac with a squirrel fixation. We've now got the Savage, the nail gun, the spear, and 3 molotovs as weapons. We've got at least a week worth of food and water, so we should be able to make it to the next town over without any problems, which is the only real option at this point as I've been wandering around in the open shooting off one of the loudest rifles in the game for hours and still no zeds. We've also got quite a bit of vodka and medical supplies, as well as a few books of marginal use.

Teresa burned the scientists because of her IC reason to do so (the squirrel), and because frankly, walking into a lab with a unmodded rifle and ~50 rounds, with no body armor, would be a very short LP.  :-\

So now, what will she do...
a) Head North
b) Head East
c) Head South
d) Head West

Keep in mind, labs are to the Southwest and South, and I've occasionally seen robotic enemies spawn outside of them. There are beehives to the Northwest, and I'm not sure if the DOOMSWARM bug I've run into before is absent on this version, so it would probably be best to avoid those.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 02:10:12 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2011, 11:36:31 pm »

B, we don't want any trouble. Yet.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2011, 12:56:49 am »

East. No bugs or robots. Or robugs.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2011, 02:29:28 pm »

Teresa heads east, despite the fact that there are no roads leading in that direction. On the way out of town, she notices a forbidding structure situated on a road leading south. She loops widely around it. While on the move, she encounters little beyond a bear, which she puts down with ease, and a multitude of furred rodents, which she reluctantly ignores. After some travel, Teresa finds a large, horizontal metal plate and a small shack with a computer attached to it.

She has no experience with computers, and tries to decide what to do. Pulling out her map, she notices that there are a number of roads leading south, indicating that there is likely a fair-sized town somewhere in that direction. The large structure is marked, as is another with an identical symbol, a symbol labelled as a radio tower, as well as a rough drawing of some sort of mound. Her best bet is likely to head south, and she might be able to avoid any danger with an indirect route.

Does Teresa...
a) Continue east
b) Travel directly to the road and head south
c) Travel to the road, avoiding the marked structures, and head south
d) Attempt to access the computer
e) Do something else

OOC knowledge here
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

3. Run Resize Enable

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2011, 02:38:09 pm »

South. To dead things!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2011, 10:41:37 pm »

Hm. Long story short, ran into a massive cluster of fungaloids going south. While avoiding and fighting off those, Teresa encountered the following, all within the same screen: 4 wolves, a bear, a large swarm of wasps. She was completely surrounded and ran out of ammo, and the first hit from one of the wolves blinded her. So yeah, that's it for this, I don't have the heart to do another documented game.  :-\

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 [2]