Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I'm looking for a nice embark  (Read 739 times)

Kurtisk1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I'm looking for a nice embark
« on: October 12, 2011, 12:57:59 pm »

Anyone know of any good embarks or is there another thread for this?  All I ask for is, NO AQUIFERS! 
EDIT:  I'll give some more specifics of what I would like.  I'd like it to be mostly flat with many z-levels and with 3 cavern layers.  Access to a magma flow and an underground river would be useful as well.  Enough trees and vegetation outside help as well although just minimal trees and vegetation work as well.  The amount of evil and savagery doesn't matter to me and neither does having a civilization at war with me. 
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 01:19:18 pm by Kurtisk1 »

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
Re: I'm looking for a nice embark
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 01:16:28 pm »

Aww, I love aquifers.  I even modded in an aquifer vein stone.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Kurtisk1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 01:21:35 pm »

Aww, I love aquifers.  I even modded in an aquifer vein stone.
Once around 3/4th of my dwarves got in an aquifer and they all drowned  The tantrum cycle that ensued killed the fortress.

Russell.s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 03:13:25 pm »

What you are asking for is quite general. It might be best to simply generate a world with slightly raised volcanism x/y variance a little for volcano based magma flow and just check the elevation of your spot before you embark to make sure it's flat.

Unfortunately there are no underground rivers currently.