Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 2x2 area major river + volcano  (Read 3152 times)

Russell.s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 2x2 area major river + volcano
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2011, 10:25:49 pm »

Now that is a good mega project! It's an ugly place anyway - could definitely do with some dwarfs dead kittens!

For some reason that world is generating super slowly... I'll give it a bit longer and see how it goes.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2011, 10:46:58 pm »

That's strange - it was one of the fastest worlds I've genned for me.

And I CAN just upload the save, but it would be "contaminated" with custom stones and stuff that you may not want wouldn't be able to remove.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Russell.s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2011, 10:49:22 pm »

Don't worry about the save, but thanks for the offer! I did change the cavern parameters a bit... so I'll try genning it exactly as you posted and see if it works. No big deal if it doesn't :).

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2011, 10:51:56 pm »

I'm not sure it will work, but it may.

It also may not.

While it's genning if you hit ESC it will pause it and you can look around and find the area and see if it looks similar.  Saves you the time of a full gen - you have to let it finish at least lakes, but any time after that is good to look around.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Russell.s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2011, 06:13:01 am »

I've tried several times but for some reason that particular seed remains stuck trying to place temperatures, slowly rejecting one region after another. That's okay though. I think I'll try find a sea-side mountain instead!

Good luck with the mega project :)

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2011, 06:15:39 am »

I can post the save then, but not this morning - I'll have to do it later.

Russell.s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2011, 06:34:28 am »

Don't worry! You have more pressing matters to worry about- like how to convince your masons to use slade for everything, and how best to coax a trillion skeletal carp into pits full of bloody water.

Have you considered a vomit fountain?
Pages: 1 [2]