Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: retrieving things from an aquifer  (Read 538 times)

dhoovr

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
    • View Profile
retrieving things from an aquifer
« on: October 08, 2011, 08:05:29 am »

Hey, I was damming my river via draining it into an aquifer. I forgot to put bars over the drain before I started so all the debris got washed into the drain along with some babies and children. I have total access to it at the current moment with no current or anything flowing into it, but I dont know how to get the crap out. Before, when there was a current, the dwarves would risk their lives to attempt to store somthing in a bin that got washed in, but now they wont touch it. I would prefer not to attempt to pump out the water long enough to get the stuff as without the river running i have no power. Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 08:17:09 am by dhoovr »

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: retrieving things from an aquifer
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 09:35:53 am »

There is no other way sorry. But even manually operated pump would be enough unless you've dropped a hundred of items there. You may dumping the stuff to encourage dwarves to haul the stuf out.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

WumpusKing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 09:36:36 am »

The only reasonable solution is to make a magmuifer.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 11:15:22 am »

Well, you could build an aquifer drain that will let the items wash down onto a grate.