Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So I biult this dam...  (Read 1328 times)

CaptainBadwheel

• Bay Watcher
  • Either a Doomsday Device or an Ice Cream maker.
    • View Profile
So I biult this dam...
« on: October 06, 2011, 02:25:41 am »

I sank a dam into this frozen creek in the winter and the water just flows right through the blocks and floodgates.

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So I biult this dam...
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 02:34:26 am »

'sank'.  I assume you caved it in on the river?  That isn't how you dam a river.  You'd have to wait until winter, then build all the blocks and floodgates in their proper spots

CaptainBadwheel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 02:39:38 am »

Which is what I did, I channeled out the ice and put in blocks and floodgates protected by fortifications.

CaptainBadwheel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 03:03:55 am »

Er by blocks I mean block walls.
I've managed to bend magma to my will but this little brook has confounded me.  :-\

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 03:19:10 am »

The universe is becoming one and the walls ARE the river.

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 03:34:31 am »

Brook tiles are unique in that they act like fortifications letting water pass through them, but also have a special animated tile on top that's walkable. Building constructions on the level with the animated surface will do NOTHING to stop the water. You must go down a zlevel, and build your dam there when the river freezes in the winter (if it freezes) and do not think you can cave-in some constructions to block the river; constructions destroy themselves back to their base material when caved-in.
Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 04:35:44 am »

Yeah brooks, IE the tile above them can be channelled out to form a regular little river. They are covered with irritating little animated pre built floors to fuck with you! At least the carp can't get you. Though those gobbos have no trouble.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

NightlinerSGS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 01:21:27 pm »

Just drop magma on it, but be careful not to dam the edge of the map by accident.
Like I always say, elven females serve a... better purpose to me than the males.
This is a masterfully derailed thread. It depicts Necro in magma-silk thread. This relates to the great derailing of the Divorce Thread in 2011. Necro is holding up a pig-tail fiber sock. Necro is swimming. Necro is striking a defiant pose.