Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Megaproject Interrupted  (Read 1095 times)

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile
Megaproject Interrupted
« on: October 05, 2011, 04:58:42 am »

So you've gotten your fortress stable, a well-trained workforce finally starting to run smoothly, and the PROJECT is underway when suddenly... DF crashes. And not just a random one time crash, but one that recurs each time you reload the game. How do you handle it?

This is what is happening to me right now. I've come far enough with my current project that I don't want to restart or reclaim. I can't find a common cause, and I've even tried the save under different environments: linux, wine, and a different computer with windows.

Suggestions for what I should do?

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
Re: Megaproject Interrupted
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 05:06:08 am »

Either the save is bugged or some particular action or circumstance is crashing the game. Is it crashing just after you load it or does it crash at the same point? I would suggest that you resume using a back up save if you have one but then without knowing what is causing the crashes you cannot know how far back you have to go to avoid the problem.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

TrombonistAndrew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Megaproject Interrupted
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 06:26:35 am »

Sounds like a project. Figure out how to recreate the crash and put it in the bug tracker. At the very least, you should keep the save in case Toady would want to see it even if you can't figure it out.