Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Too fast wealth growth  (Read 1075 times)

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Too fast wealth growth
« on: October 09, 2011, 04:52:01 pm »

How do you keep your forts from attracting too much migrants and sieges? Even when my dwarves live in a dirt hole with communal beds and a good dining room the fortress wealth tends to spiral upwards way too easily. Just arming my military with iron increases the fortress wealth to the point that I can't keep a low profile.

Alternatively, would it be possible to mod in something like garbage crafts that would have negative value?

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
Re: Too fast wealth growth
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 04:56:54 pm »

Bridges.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

dbay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 07:48:06 pm »

To clarify, I think peskyninja is suggesting you use drawbridges (which destroy anything underneath them when they close) to clear out expensive and unused items, thus lowering your net value.
Alternatively, he might be suggesting you atom-smash migrants.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 08:06:49 pm »

Much easier way - Building Destroyers cannot break something on the z-level above them.  Make a stone "arch" using constructed stairs, floors and walls (preferably with a ceiling to keep out pesky air units) so they have to go up through a floor hatch to get inside your fort.  Then all you have to do is lock it yourself.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 08:08:49 pm »

You can mod the goblin and titan trigger numbers, a stroll through the wiki should reveal the needed tags.  You can also change when humans and elves start to trade.  Maintaining a low profile is impossible without modding a little, the current limits only prevent first year summer swarms.