Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Crash on embark [33a]  (Read 476 times)

Vengeful Donut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Crash on embark [33a]
« on: November 01, 2007, 07:46:00 pm »

Whenever i try to embark on this map tile i get a crash. I've tried different umhk configs, but it still crashed.

wold gen seed 896541521

[ November 01, 2007: Message edited by: Vengeful Donut ]

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Crash on embark [33a]
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 01:33:00 am »

Does this happen reliably in a clean install folder?
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Nesoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 01:48:00 pm »

Rather than start another "crash on embark" topic, I'm going to hijack this one  :)

I get a repeatable crash (prepare careful or embark now) at this site:

Unlike the OP, however, changing the UMHK size did prevent it from crashing (but I prefer smaller play areas for a variety of reasons and don't want to enlarge this one to prevent a crash; will probably end up doing so anyway). World seed is 1721455296 (WinXP Pro SP2, random names, since apparently there's a possibility that those may influence world gen). This is the 3rd or 4th fort that I'm attempting to make on this world. I have generated other worlds and played in them, but trashed the save folder when I was done with them. Fresh install (unless you count those other worlds I've generated, played, and trashed). 33a. No mods, aside from a custom font. I'm making a special backup of my save folder so I could email it if needed.

000508 □ [dwarf mode][flows] flooding over a full pond will kill the fish inside

Firemage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 02:32:00 pm »

I have the same problem.

I copied an old save directory.
I had 4 or 5 fortresses before on that world.
I also wanted to start on a 3x3 map.

I don't know if anything of that has something to do with the crash-bug. But I thought any info might be helpful.   :)

EDIT: After I made a new world it worked again. So you could say it doesn't happen on a clean install.

[ November 16, 2007: Message edited by: Firemage ]

Nesoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 04:29:00 pm »

I just tried a complete fresh install (unzipped to a new folder), generated the world with that seed , and this embark location still crashes, so it doesn't have anything to do with my old save.

[Edit: Some UMHK settings (still including the vent) will work, others won't.]

[ November 17, 2007: Message edited by: Nesoo ]

000508 □ [dwarf mode][flows] flooding over a full pond will kill the fish inside

Nesoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 06:45:00 pm »

This appears to be fixed in 33b, at least with a freshly generated world (I pretty much always start over with new versions, just to be on the safe side). Thanks Toady  :D

Now the hard part... Do I go with this site, or one of my old favorites?