Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pointtaken  (Read 610 times)

Chaos Turtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pointtaken
« on: October 01, 2011, 12:26:37 pm »

Hey there all dorfs, dwarves, dwarfs, and the rest of girly elves, and occasional hydra...

To tell the truth... Im completely new to this forum, so i hope i'm posting it in right place - Right now im looking at my newely built fort, which is placed in midst of mountain/desert/terrifying biome, checking 7 badass dwarves and thinking about their future... Im wondering if anyone would like to read their history, however short it will be written in story-mode (Unlike mad dwarves running into lava i will try, TRY to make it as dwarvenly as possible  :P) Although im wondering if anyone would like to read it, or should i transform it into some kind of succession game (Of 2 year lasting rule) Or should i just shut up and dont waste anyone's time?  :-X

Waiting for replies  ;D

Chaos Turtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pointtaken
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 01:31:32 pm »

Since there was no answer i think i will just start my story, just for the sake of recording...

A granite month if im not mistaken... A year 438, like it's gonna matter...

I may as well start here, though my story goes far before.. In the times of war, of glory... And of my downfall.

I am Lithast Ringtreasures hammerdwarf and this is my story:

Seven of us... Don't know why, but its always been dreadfull number in dwarven history, always sending seven dwarves, who are not fit even for hammering, instead sending us in this god forsaken hellhole expecting us to  dig gold and silver for them as a penalty.. Fate worse than death.

(I gave half of skills of war and half usefull just to make them hardened criminals for climate :) )

At least they directed us to mountain, as they destryed our wagon in this treeless land and left to die... At list we die under mountains.. That is our way...

Self-appointed "Leader" claims its time to build ourselves some hole in the ground for shelter - "A HOLE!!?" i shouted at her "A GODDAMN HOLE IN THE GROUND!! I am a son of mason and artisian and I will not abide seeing his name soiled by living in a HOLE! - I knew everyone is looking at me, don't know why but we had to stand for something, we had to believe in something...

"We are mountain people! We are dwarves! Every last one of You. They call us "The Shame of Beards", they call us rejects! Bah! Im a dwarf and i will live in a Mountainhall, even if i will have to carve it by myself! - Dont know why... But its just one thing... One idea, that sparked everyone to work... Our own mountainhome... In this forbidden hellhole... Maybe... Maybe we could do it..

What we've got to loose?