Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question About Organs  (Read 1295 times)

LordExumius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Question About Organs
« on: October 09, 2011, 09:46:59 am »

What exactly does tearing apart a liver actually do in DF?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Question About Organs
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 10:00:15 am »

Some bleeding maybe. Most organs in DF are just bags of blood-vessel-filled flesh that can be butchered and eaten as far as the game cares.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 02:03:24 pm »

Ya but they hardly bleed at all, so I jacked up the bleeding rate and added arterys to them :D I also made them more painfull.
Any thoughts on how this can be abused?
Around these parts It's called weaponized

Ultima Ratio Regum

• Bay Watcher
  • Games academic and "Ultima Ratio Regum" person
    • View Profile
    • Ultima Ratio Regum
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 10:16:51 am »

I suspect/assume that like stomach, pancreas etc, it affects vomiting and sickness, but maybe not. I've always played on the assumption it did, anyway...

LordExumius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 03:30:14 pm »

I suspect/assume that like stomach, pancreas etc, it affects vomiting and sickness, but maybe not. I've always played on the assumption it did, anyway...

For me, it's only when guts get stabbed that they actually vomit.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 07:07:04 pm »

Guts and stomach can cause vomiting, Lungs make you winded, Brain and heart are basically fatal regardless, either instantly or bleed out in a few turns. Beyond these, organs don't seem to do much except act to cause extra bleeding and maybe pain. In reality they should really have a lot more bleeding and pain, not to mention causing horrible long term effects if injured. Maybe in later versions, but as for now, you could scoop out all of a person's organs except the heart, lungs, brain and spine, and they'd be fine, as long as they didn't bleed to death.