Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Embarkable feature: World Tree?  (Read 4491 times)

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
Re: Embarkable feature: World Tree?
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2011, 09:07:30 pm »

this is a really cool idea. Maybe if it's cut down, there could be a huge explosion of dust that makes plants and fungi grow on whatever creature it touches, eating them from the inside out.

I can just imagine chaining a bunch of Elves in a circle around the tree, and then chopping it down so the dust makes stuff grow in the Elves and rips them apart from the inside-out. That's what you get for telling me to limit my tree chopping, you hippy bastards.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

chuckthegr8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Embarkable feature: World Tree?
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2011, 09:22:05 pm »

When the world tree dies, a random set of events will be chosen from a list.
Immediate: Affects an embark region.
Regional: Affects the direct Biome (WT starts in the middle of a heavily forrested biome)
Worldwide.

Immediate:
Dustspores!
MiniEnts Ala Magician's Apprentice.
Hole of Death: Turns into Evil, Savage, Desert of the extreme opposite temperature. (Temperate-> Scoarching, Warm->Freezing, ect). All trees die and form petrified wood. All grass combusts instantaneously. Then the land falls several Z-Levels. Only sturdy shelters (when we get better cavein mechanics) can survive.
Freed Evil: It plugged the Circuses' Main Entrace! And a Clown Army was waiting there since the start of History! AAAA!
Living Stone: Rock Golems, formed by the tree's roots.
Living Ore: Same as above, except Adamantine Golems are possible. :D

Regional:
Touch of Evil: Biome becomes Evil instantaneously.
Necromatic Spirits: The Tree holds the gateway to the Circus! All their tortured spirits flow out and live in the biome.
Nature's War: All Animals become Giant and Savage.
Continent of Death: Hole of Death x >9000
Entfarm: All Trees become savage ents!

World Wide
God War: The Gods themselves come to smite the Dwarven Civilization, starting a war of (killable :P) gods.
Demon Invasion: The defenses are weakened! Fortresses everywhere are revealed!
Spirit War: Spirits of Dead Animals stalk the world. They behave like night creatues except they don't drag people away, just kill them and maybe trick them so that they are more vurnerable.
Elven War: Every Elven Civ Goes on a Warpath against Dwarves, then later as they go crazy, any living thing they can reach.
Climate Change: Every Biome randomly shifts at least 2 of their biome indicators, depending on how close they are. Scoarching (burning) grasslands? Cool Tundras? Temperate Jungles?
Pages: 1 2 [3]