Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Human's Bugged in this version?  (Read 1248 times)

Btwilley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Human's Bugged in this version?
« on: December 29, 2007, 10:29:00 am »

So this is the 2nd fort that I've had the problem with. Humans don't ever show up to trade. Currently I'm in year 3 with ~100k fort wealth. The first time that it happened I thought I may have just not checked it. But with this fort I specifically checked as well as abandoned/reclaimed and sure enough there should be humans here. The elves even showed up already.

Is this a bug, or am I just missing something?

ekkud Egenid was supposedly killed by one of those "elephant" things the commoners have started dreaming up. I swear he killed himself just to piss me off with their lame fantasy.
I do wonder how he managed to break his own back though.

coolguy1351

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Human's Bugged in this version?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 10:31:00 am »

Same with me, I'm not getting anyone from the humans.

dreiche2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 12:05:00 pm »

So does it mean they did not show up after you reclaimed? Cause then I might have the same issue... they came before the reclaim, but so far not afterwards (am not too long into the game though).

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 12:56:00 pm »

The last fortress I made had the humans never show up in the 2 years I played. All other traders came as usual.

Btwilley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 01:19:00 pm »

No, they never same at all ever. I backed up the fort and reclaimed thinking that I didn't have humans, but I do.
ekkud Egenid was supposedly killed by one of those "elephant" things the commoners have started dreaming up. I swear he killed himself just to piss me off with their lame fantasy.
I do wonder how he managed to break his own back though.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2007, 03:39:00 pm »

Do you have a save?  I think the only instance I've seen of this involved an ice lake, which I've got marked down.  If you aren't on an ice lake, and you're sure you have trade access with the human, and you aren't under siege or something, I can try to figure out what's up.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 01:56:00 am »

They show up now.  There were of course various changes between 33g and the current release, but it seems to be working now.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!