Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: cleaning skulls  (Read 1423 times)

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
cleaning skulls
« on: October 02, 2011, 02:00:33 pm »

is there some way to remove all the skin and whatnot from a head so that its just a skull, i have ALOT of heads and heads just aren't as cool as skulls imo. went and counted them and found out i havnt yet broken into triple digits :( only have 76 bandit/night creature/named or titled mob heads, i moved all the random other ones somewhere else so i could just multiply the number of pages by 5 and add the last page if its not full.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: cleaning skulls
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 02:59:58 pm »

I think you need to mod your raws to set  [trophy_sapient:acceptable] in you civilisation's ethics.
or maybe it was [eat_sapient_kill] in either case, decapitation might interfere with the process.
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 03:03:34 pm »

Nope. The only way to get rid of all the skin is to burn it off with magma I believe, and that would require fort mode.

Also, drilltooth, that just makes it so your civ sees it as okay and they can make stuff out of sapient body parts. [eat_sapient_kill] makes it so figures of that race in worldgen cannibalize whoever they kill.

TheChosen

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 03:20:50 pm »

Wasnt there a mod that adds butchering to adventure mode? I think that should give you skulls, as well as other bones.
TheChosen cancels Mega-project: Too sane

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 03:27:03 pm »

Wasnt there a mod that adds butchering to adventure mode? I think that should give you skulls, as well as other bones.
I think you can butcher already.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 03:45:44 pm »

There is a way. You constantly sleep and wait until all of the flesh on the head has rotted away.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 05:17:22 pm »

use fire to burn off the flesh.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Tel Riker

• Bay Watcher
  • [Probably_Alive]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 09:28:52 pm »

Butcher the head, I believe that it does indeed return a skull.
!!NEW!!

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 04:41:33 am »

Butcher the head, I believe that it does indeed return a skull.
You cannot butcher named things.
And burning flesh out seems to be only option if you don't want mod. Drop heads to some bush and set a fire. Then just sleep.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 05:02:06 am »

Fire dosen't work anymore. Sleeping will make the object teleport somewhere and if you let it burn, it turns into nothing. At least that's what's been happening with me.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 07:22:20 am »

guess i'll just have to keep them as heads as i don't want to loose any of them, i have them in a pile in my lair along with all my bars charcoal leather and other stuff that i haven't even used yet, sleeping makes stuff scatter and i think i dropped a head of a night creature and it actually turned into bones instead of a skull a wile back, that or it was a failed decap target and it turned into bones with no skull.  :-\
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.