Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Patrol Routes that go outside and Dwarves Stay Inside  (Read 741 times)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Patrol Routes that go outside and Dwarves Stay Inside
« on: March 06, 2008, 01:17:00 am »

I'm going to add this one in as a new one, because the old bugs aren't what I'm seeing.

I'll post the movie when I get to it.

The bug:
I set up a (fairly complicated) patrol route to get my marksdwarves moving between the front entrance and around to the back side (it's a short walk, only two screens high) following the fortified wall sections along the way.

Once the route is set the dwarves begin to move, albeit a bit sparadicaly along the route until they reach this one spot where the path takes them outside (along a fortified wall running around the outdoor farm there) which makes for a good vantage point to the north edge of the map where gobos spawn.

Now the interesting part.  Some of them walk around the wall and then leave to go spar/drink/practice shooting.  Some hit the spot and go do the above.  The squad leader then walks back and forth between two patrol points: the one just inside and the one on the SW corner of the wall (the "inside" point being due east).

Now I know they're set to stay inside, but this is extremely unusual behavior.  I'd have expected them to do one of the following:

Continue to the next PP as if the stay inside orders didn't exist (least probable, but possible)
Abort the ouside PP and try the next one.
Abort the outside PP and start over.
Abort the patrol and head to Station.

In any case I'd never expect them to leave entirely leaving just the commander "entrance hopping."

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Patrol Routes that go outside and Dwarves Stay Inside
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 09:39:00 pm »

Do you still have the save?  That would be the fastest way to completely clear this one out.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 06:03:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Toady One:
<STRONG>Do you still have the save?  That would be the fastest way to completely clear this one out.</STRONG>

Yes.  Progressing the game doesn't effect this weirdness at all.  I'll grab it tomorrow.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 02:41:00 pm »

Save file.

The route is up a few levels from the load spot on 152.  You'll see them walking around.  Set

• all dwarves stay inside and they'll cease patrolling.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 09:36:00 pm »

Okay, I've grabbed it and I'll take a look at some point.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!