Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Drilledcrafts; the end...or maybe not.  (Read 1153 times)

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
Drilledcrafts; the end...or maybe not.
« on: October 07, 2011, 08:19:44 pm »

Alright so i had a fortress going as you do. I had reached capital status and a glorious army clad entirely in adamantine! Then ...the traders came. Due to my fortress being airtight i forgot to let the buggers out, understandable as this was midsiege with clowns gnawing away at the roots of my mighty city from an earlier...mishap. One berserk dwarf, one stray crossbowbolt is all it took. 300 good dorfs down to 77, my mighty civilisation. Only a small handful of these individuals are even loyal to me any more. The end. The end looks like this. And ten pages of Underworld and Invader notifications. I suppose all i can do is hope someone survives long enough for some migrants to try and run through the gauntlet of scavengers, werewolves and demons.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 09:03:41 pm by Wannazzaki »
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
Re: Drilledcrafts; the end.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 08:30:16 pm »

Just remember; Losing is Fun

Your fort looks like it had a hell of a party by the way.  Have you locked them all in your stockpile rooms or something?

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 08:34:53 pm »

No. That just happened to be where the riot happened. My forts are a sprawling mess on the upper layers as i monopolise soil for storage areas (no boulders). The rooms below are well guarded by the former captain of the guard who incidentally went 'rogue' in the cascade, along with his army of war animals (mostly cougars and jaguards, the bears died) so no one wants to go down, above is a berserking spearmaster. So the fun has been confined to the stockpiles, which a mephit has set on fire. Can't get any dorfs to join the milita either. I have been fobbed off.

Edit: Doubling the fun! Come one come all!

« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 08:40:11 pm by Wannazzaki »
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 08:40:25 pm »

War Cougars, Jaguars AND Bears.  A rogue Spearmaster above and a rogue captain of the guard with an army of said animals under you.  Even in death your fort is utterly dwarfy

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 08:46:21 pm »

Spent most of the game (Been running it around 20 hours) breeding them for the purpose of fending off later game sieges, my trap corridor would slowly break and jam as they went on. All this hard work ruined by one bloody berserk merchant!

Heres the living quarters, you can also see the message of a war bear survivor harassing me still! Edit: Or would if it hadn't been cropped out

And thus ends the fortress. I felt it was worthy of sharing.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 08:49:42 pm »

I once had a similar (yet not as awesome) tantrum spiral; the only thing to do is to have your ecstatic dwarves dig a hole in your base, enter it and wall it off. Dig around your base and into the food stockpiles, then wall off the food.

It's slow and tricky depending on your layout, but it saved me once.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 08:52:25 pm »

I threw the towel in early on after the hammerlord went on a skullcrushing rampage and hoped it would burn itself out. Im looking at one lonely dwarven child cowering behind a wall of injured war animals keeping that siege i let in at bay...maybe a caravan will save me. HAH!

Well looking at the child and all of the ghosts clustering around him. Many have been anounced to be murderous and violent as they popped up.

The sieges, they broke. They left. All there is, is a child, a charnel house fortress and his loyal companions guarding him as he lives from silent stockpiles in a lonely fortress. I am Legend indeed o_O

« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 09:00:53 pm by Wannazzaki »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Drilledcrafts; the end...or maybe not.
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 09:10:39 pm »

All that's left is a child defended by killer ghosts and a horde of tame animals.  Name the kid so you can keep track of him (in case migrants turn up) and see if you can keep the fortress alive.  It'll be a legend in it's own right.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 09:11:58 pm »

Migrants just turned up, time for operation Clean The Fuck Up.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 09:17:49 pm »

The worst bit about this, is that the child has been branded traitor in the cascade...meaning he is going to get severely hammered as soon as he pisses off one dwarf that bit too much.

ClkWrkJester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2011, 09:22:18 pm »

That you held your ground... as it were... in the face of apparent utter disaster is a testament to you.

I salute you, good sir.
Carve out a massive pit and construct a copper block tower! Challenge those goblin bastards with your phallus of justice!

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2011, 09:24:05 pm »

I have capital status...just waiting for that king to arrive and fix this place...