Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: stockpile wierdness  (Read 445 times)

sorbius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
stockpile wierdness
« on: December 28, 2007, 10:38:00 am »

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but my dwarfs will use things right off the wagaon or right out of workshops, weapons, wood/stone, food/drink, furniture.  unless I have a stockpile for that good, in which case the item cannot be used at all until it is put in the right stock pile, which can take awhile depending on how much stone needs hauling.  Is this because a hauling job for the item exists?

EDIT:  this is 33g.

[ December 28, 2007: Message edited by: sorbius ]

keepin' it real for atleast the last 5 minutes.

briktal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: stockpile wierdness
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 11:01:00 am »

That is most likely the case.  A classic starvation/thirst scenario involves dwarves starving/dying of dehydration because all the food/booze is tasked for something.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 12:15:00 pm »

Now you know why I use as few stockpiles as possible.

Zasit Alebath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://jedvagenij.blog.hr
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 12:37:00 pm »

Actually i think that you can't use a certain item if it has TSK flag (item from a workshop that has a job schelduled to bring it to stockpil)e like for example a bed can not be built if it has TSK flag until it is brought to stockpile first

i may be wrong ofcourse

I deny that I exist, or have ever existed, for any legal purposes, particularly lawsuit.)
'b' is different than 'x' and a Bed doesn't hold back magma as well as a Floodgate no matter how fast you type.

Silveron

• Bay Watcher
  • Arichect of Destruction
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007, 12:53:00 pm »

1 task per item always. Kill the stockpiles or wait for the haulers to get around to moving the item. One thing to note is that the less dwarves you have assigned 'food hauling' for instance, the less queued jobs there are relating to food hauling.

sorbius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2007, 01:12:00 pm »

I understand the 'fix' to this is to assign some dwarfs to not haul stone or food.  but it would be nice (should) allow you to set the item to be built and thus cancel the haul task.
keepin' it real for atleast the last 5 minutes.