Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Making my dwarves mine warm stone without stoping?  (Read 1180 times)

Goodwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Making my dwarves mine warm stone without stoping?
« on: September 26, 2011, 06:37:03 pm »

Ok, so I need to dig a pasage that goes through some warm stone. I know that the lava is near, but not right behind that block, so safety is not my concern. My concern is that, well, im mining this at level 36, and it takes my dwarves aboyt 5 minutes to get down on a good day. My dwarf will go down, mine one block,, stop do to warm stone, I designate the warm stone, but he goes back up the upper part of my fortress and I have to WAIT FOR ANOTHER MINER. This is incredibly slow and tedious, and I was wondering if there was a way to just make them mine it wihout stopping.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Making my dwarves mine warm stone without stoping?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 06:47:44 pm »

Sigh... anyone heard of 'search' feature 'round here?

Look on the bottom of this section's first page.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
Re: Making my dwarves mine warm stone without stoping?
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 06:56:10 pm »

He can stop the pause and zoom problem with a quick edit of the annoucements file. But I don't think that was his problem. He is complaining about the dwarf undesignating tiles he marked to dig, because they were warm. And there is no way to stop that behavior. However, if he can go up 1 z-level and dig his room using the channel command he can bypass that annoyance, at the cost of having to refloor the room above or deal with having a multi z-level room.