Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kengo: Sword of the Samurai(PS2)  (Read 1680 times)

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
Kengo: Sword of the Samurai(PS2)
« on: February 25, 2012, 05:18:17 am »

So apparently, there's this old Samurai game that got released back in 2002 in English. You create your samurai and try to become the greatest in history. A grindy game when it comes to stats.

I've just got some questions about the game, and would like to discuss some stuff about it.

How do you exactly gain stats? I seem to gain 4 stats for every win at the tournaments. And when i've got low enough bad fame again, am I able to return to my dojo?

And about the outdoor tournaments, Tatsumi-Ryu gotta be the best style, seeing how you easily pound your opponents with "Tai->Kou".
But then comes the guys with the Square attacks... The one where they can try to onehit you without you doing anything. A pain in the ass. I usually rack up on 10 wins or something before they arrive, and then they whoop my ass back to where I come from because i'm either trying to Tai->Kou them, or i'm just hitting randomly to try to dodge their Square attack.

Fungame otherwise ;o

Edit: Oh and, the Tai called Taisya or something from Tatsumi has gotta be the best Tai seeing how they can't exactly dodge away from it (From what i've seen). They're just pulled in by the block while you dodge to the side!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 05:21:27 am by Exerosp »