Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Steam Weekend Sale (Mount & Blade 50% off, Magicka Collection 75% off)  (Read 1586 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Weekend Sale (Mount & Blade 50% off, Magicka Collection 75% off)
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2011, 11:47:45 am »

Looters are possibly the bottom of the barrel here. If you manage to capture, you have to spend 40d just to turn them into a bandit. Bandits are also crap, 40d turns them into a recruit or tribesman, which is the BASE unit that you can recruit. Even peasant women and farmers are a better catch than a looter.

For comparison, it only takes about 10d to get a recruit, and about 10d or 20d to train them to the next tier. So in effect, capturing looters or bandits for recruiting makes you lose money.

Yeah, but they all sell for 50 gold.  Booyah!

And why can't I register my game on their forums?

EDIT: I figured out how to speed up the newer games.  Apparently, Intel graphic cards work better with Direct 7 than Direct 9.  Dunno why it didn't matter for the first game, but whatever.  I strongly suspect the newer games have a different graphics engine or something, from the subtle differences in the graphics and my problems getting the newer games to run.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Weekend Sale (Mount & Blade 50% off, Magicka Collection 75% off)
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2011, 03:10:50 pm »

The newest game probably uses some shader option or something that is hard for Intel GPUs, so using a lower version of DirectX either makes it work better in that GPU, or is disabled altogether.

The older game didn't enable the option to begin with, so it made no difference. No idea which actual graphic option it is tho. Water reflections maybe? 8)
Pages: 1 [2]