Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mysterious Disease?  (Read 864 times)

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mysterious Disease?
« on: September 23, 2011, 08:54:02 pm »

Suddenly dwarves were spewing blood from their feet and dieing quickly. Now what was odd is that one died up in the top layers of my fort the other 2 died in my stockpile.  Ugh... No... i just realized one of the dead is my favorite dwarves she was an axe dwarf. Retired after being crippled.

But the thing is... no forgotten beasts with deadly blood appeared. Theres a deadly dust but hes chilling in the kiddy pool in the caverns.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Mysterious Disease?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 08:56:17 pm »

What, you thing blood is the only way to get a disease?  I've been rolling around in asbestos for the past 20 years and I can promise you that it makes an extremely comfortable blanket, and most certainly causes diseases!

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 08:57:55 pm »

I thought airborne diseases were not in the game yet? I thought it was only deadly blood and beast syndromes (no beast had this syndrome as far as i can tell)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 09:03:48 pm »

Any contaminant counts.  If it appears on a tile, then it's valid.  And many times dust evaporates quickly, similar to mist or cave-in dust, but can still have time to touch.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 01:35:08 pm »

Any contaminant counts.  If it appears on a tile, then it's valid.  And many times dust evaporates quickly, similar to mist or cave-in dust, but can still have time to touch.
Does vomit count? The disease has resurfaced and many are affected.

Blisters full of blood on their feet.(None of my dwarves where socks or shoes oddly and i am producing a ton right now)

I also have bathtubs entering the stockpile and entrance to the fort. So makes no sense how this contaminant is spreading