Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Legends mode combat details  (Read 1046 times)

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Legends mode combat details
« on: September 19, 2011, 10:42:41 pm »

Is there a way to see full lists of woundings in the legends mode? I remember seeing each broken bone and fleeing from encounters in older versions.

Mirefrost00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends mode combat details
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 02:14:37 pm »

Do you mean while viewing the individual, or the records of duels in the various Ages?  In my last Age of Legends, there were a great many wars, involving many duels.  In each of those, I found what I believe you seek.  Of course, it was in the Age of Myth that most of the fleeing took place.  Usually something along the lines of "The dragon Ridley attacked the human Courage Cleverwitz.  While defeated, the latter ecaped unscathed."

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 04:16:46 pm »

Viewing individuals. Are the fights recorded somewhere else?

Mirefrost00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 08:44:59 pm »

Aye.  Look at the reports of the various ages at the bottom, typically starting with the Age of Myth.  Determine when your individual lived, then scroll through to any conflicts that he/she/it participated in.  It's pretty neat to find particularly badass historical figures. 

I'm running a races of &'s I created, and I followed one Mosus Spiraledaxe (or some such) through twelve conflicts at one of his civ's hamlets, against the same human commander each time.  Every time, massive losses for the outnumbering human attackers, and a successful (if equally pyrrhic) defense.  On the twelfth, Mosus struck down the enemy commander and another human, then devoured his nemesis of twelve long years of battle.  I grinned.  I hate the humans for their infuriating tendency to spread like wildfire.

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 09:03:49 pm »

More spesifically, I'd like to read detailed descriptions of my adventurers atrocities. The blow-to-blow details of the tooth-harvestings would be interesting to read.

Offtopic, a random elf became the druid of the Free Style.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 10:57:32 pm »

More spesifically, I'd like to read detailed descriptions of my adventurers atrocities. The blow-to-blow details of the tooth-harvestings would be interesting to read.

Offtopic, a random elf became the druid of the Free Style.

Not in legends.

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 09:52:59 am »

So... are reports like this no longer available?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 08:54:16 am »

So... are reports like this no longer available?

EDIT: No, they're still available. I'm pretty sure they won't show up on adventurers, though.

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 11:49:05 am »

I hope they'll start to get recorded at some point. After all, the adventurer characters tend to be the most interesting historical figures from the players point of view.