Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Whips: How do you deal with them?  (Read 2401 times)

Garky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Whips: How do you deal with them?
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2011, 09:00:02 pm »

Whips? Pfff. My dwarfs will be fine. However, after next update, when someone attacks the fort and wields a whip and most of the dwarfs are ghosts, zombies, vampires and werewolfs, then I'll have to think of something.

VainCastles cancels unholiness: interrupted by human lasher.

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2011, 09:22:16 pm »

Cave Crocodile army. Or maybe War Hydras. I have trouble choosing things when I haven't actually been able to test them properly.

...Oh. I just tested a Hydra with grand master biting and fighting and other forms of unarmed combat against three goblin lashers with steel whips and at least a great skill level. The three goblins died about a tick after I unpaused the testing arena...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 09:27:44 pm by elf-fondling human »
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE][TRESPASSING:SHUN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2011, 09:34:56 pm »

Shields are the solution - make sure all of your dwarves are Legendary Shield Users and are holding high quality shields, ideally masterwork Steel, and make sure they're reasonably good at Dodging as well.
Material doesn't affect blocking. It is best to go with something heavy so their bashes are stronger.
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.

Roraborialisforealis

• Bay Watcher
  • [HATEBILLION:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2011, 09:38:58 pm »

Shields are the solution - make sure all of your dwarves are Legendary Shield Users and are holding high quality shields, ideally masterwork Steel, and make sure they're reasonably good at Dodging as well.
Material doesn't affect blocking. It is best to go with something heavy so their bashes are stronger.
SILVER SHIELD A WAY
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2011, 10:33:40 pm »

SILVER SHIELD A WAY
Unfortunately silver cannot be used for armor outside of strange moods; copper is usually the best choice in terms of shield weight.
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

Roraborialisforealis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2011, 11:36:29 pm »

SILVER SHIELD A WAY
Unfortunately silver cannot be used for armor outside of strange moods; copper is usually the best choice in terms of shield weight.
Yep.... ) =

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2011, 11:37:27 pm »

If you're getting a shield mood and NOT using platinum, then you're going to need to hand in your Dwarf License and report to the barber.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2011, 11:41:15 pm »

I am thinking about simply removing them - who brings a whip to a swordfight anyway?
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2011, 11:41:56 pm »

Goblins, obviously!

Roraborialisforealis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2011, 11:42:34 pm »

If you're getting a shield mood and NOT using platinum, then you're going to need to hand in your Dwarf License and report to the barber.
The SS13 barber? The one that gets several felony's trying to learn to target chin scruff?
Also. As a response to the thread title: Dwarf raws.
[Prone_to_rage:23702347]
[Likes_Figthing]
Pages: 1 [2]