Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: INTERACTIONS!!!!!!!!!  (Read 12588 times)

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
Re: INTERACTIONS!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2011, 07:42:32 pm »

Argh, and just when I thought then pun thread was on its last legs, it returns. At least I detected it early and got a head start, so I don't need a helping hand in avoiding it.
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2011, 07:48:53 pm »

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that these puns are the worst digital pieces of humor I've ever seen. Let's quit while we're ahead.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 07:51:27 pm by Putnam »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2011, 01:15:42 am »

indeed.

On the plus side, we'll definitely be getting the much-anticipated capacity for adventurers to use breath weapons inherent to their race.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

SongGarde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2011, 03:01:36 am »

Interactions and breath/special attacks. This will be modded creature heaven for adventure mode. How long do you think it'll be before someone finds a way to translate interactions into awesome spellcasting? (Not that the idea of necromancy and firebreathing isn't spellcastingly awesome enough)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2011, 03:27:47 am »

Actually I think that would be a wonderful test of the new features. I'll get started right away!

Well... Whenever Toady finishes the update and releases it...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2011, 03:41:55 am »

Would it be wrong to mod a race to spit venom?

Golcondio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2011, 07:07:28 am »

Re-read what you wrote: are you asking, ON DF THE ADVENTURE MODE BOARD, whether doing something would be WRONG to do? We don't have such silliness around here, you know!

(on the fortress mode board, someone would have answered your question with "MAGMA!!!")

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2011, 07:22:35 am »

Eventually we need a way to breathe fire/web/skittles etc. directly down a sentient organism's throat...

Heck...why not violently introduce a parasitic embryo to some dude H.G. Gieger's Alien style?
What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2011, 11:30:17 pm »

Touch-activated interactions give a nice modding opportunity for combat moves too, such as heart-exploding technique.

A touch-interaction that causes pain and bleeding of the nose... I'll call it a punch!

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2011, 02:43:18 pm »

I really want, sometime in the future, to be able to worship the God of Dissatisfaction. I will wander the countryside, performing his bidding, making annoying noises and enchanting people to be just a little bit nauseous most of the time.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]