Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dark Gnomes!!  (Read 999 times)

sarus92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dark Gnomes!!
« on: September 16, 2011, 12:16:51 am »

I spawned in a pink area for the challenge and right from the get-go I have like(Im a noob by the way) 15 Dark Gnomes comming in and drinking all of my ale! One of my dogs tore one apart and there is Gnome peices every where but that is the only one! Is there anyway I can designate my dogs or Dwarves to kill them?

Boost One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Gnomes!!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 12:25:55 am »

You'd need a military to order the dwarves to attack the gnomes. http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Attack

Get some more booze quickly :D

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 01:40:37 am »

At least it isn't bears coming and drinking all your booze :)
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 05:42:11 am »

Well, I suppose you could just train up some war dogs at a kennel, but the military is really the best option. Short of wiping them out with a lava-tsunami, but that's extremely difficult.
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

Ethnar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 06:41:24 am »

Creating pasture on the way to your booze/fortress and assigning your dogs to it should make them attack any approaching dark gnomes. Dogs are aggressive like that.