Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NWN Ravenloft RP Persistant world server  (Read 1727 times)

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
NWN Ravenloft RP Persistant world server
« on: September 19, 2011, 04:54:31 am »

I thought i share this with Bay12'ers.
If you got NWN Sou and Hotu, Like heavy roleplaying come check the pw out.
Im surprised to see as many as 30'ish people online average and theres allways room for more!
Gaining level is done by RP script or by old fashioned way killing things but it takes more time if done that way.
Friendly DM's and nice RP people around to play with.

http://www.nwnravenloft.com/

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: NWN Ravenloft RP Persistant world server
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 05:13:41 am »

Damn, this makes me wish I still had my copies of NWN....

I only got into the persistent deep RP server for a little while, but they were pretty awesome. Especially the ones built on custom content.

And I loves me some Ravenloft.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 05:23:21 am »

I bought NWN diamond edition on GOG for like 9€
I think thats pretty cheap Yes but need to wait for 1 day to receive the CD-key to be able to play online

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 09:07:39 am »

Man, that remind me I still have that old Ravenloft: Strahd's Possession game. Never actually got to the end, that game is pretty tough... I'm tempted to try once again heh

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 10:49:36 am »

I think I played on the world at one point. I do love some RP intensive, plot-twisting intrigue. I have been an advocate for NWN on this form for a while and I have a thread about another world which I play on from time to time, Escaped from the Underdark.

I would consider coming up with a group concept to enter the world with. I have often done this and had great times in NWN servers. We once went in as a group of hive mind - insect druids, that was fun. Another time we played a family of evil nobles whos matriarch had made a pact with a demon, we all died horribly.

I dont know too much about Ravenloft though. What would be an edgy and story rich concept for this setting?
I got nothing

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 10:55:02 am »

I for one had awesome times on a friends RP server... just around 20 people, but it was amazing fun : )

Me and a good friend played dwarfs (b/c DF), cleric and fighter... going where noone went before us, finding little hidden away parts of the modul, raiding the city or the undead, freeing citys from the silly "guild" that wanted to demand cash for just walking thou it, stalking players while in ethernal form and finding out where the red dragons life like that... good times.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 10:57:15 am »

Well as i see its Horror scene with low magic and really slow leveling progress.
Im still new to server so im exploring some choices still what can be done.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 11:10:45 am »

The best RP world in NWN are low magic and ow leveling IMHO. The game is kinda silly at high levels and magic gets way to overpowered. If its stories you want to to live in, then a level cap around 12 is a good idea, with slow progression and lower powered magic items. That may be a functionof the Ravenloft game world, but more often than not I see that as a core mechanic in the best, most long lived RP intensive PW's in NWN. (phwew! thats a lot of capitalized acronyms.)

These worlds also tend to be pretty lethal. Whats the death rules like? Is it DEADLY to explore without a big party? What I usually play when I first join a world is the stealhtiest character possible, so I can sneak around and learn the map. That means either straight rogue, or in some cases a druid with the right feats and spells or even a rogue/druid multi if they allow it. Wizards get invis at some point, but I find the druid and rogue skills/feats to be the best for utility exploring in NWN.
I got nothing

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 11:19:45 am »

Best is to stick in party some sort.
Travelling alone is risky and lethal during night times.
When die you lose weapons on hand and GP you carrying.
But finding party aint big of a problem.