Is this a good idea?

Yes.
- 4 (100%)
No.
- 0 (0%)
Where's those plump helmets gone?
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Tavern Tales #0: Introduction  (Read 1559 times)

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
Tavern Tales #0: Introduction
« on: February 10, 2017, 12:30:36 am »

(This is the start of some DF "fanfiction" or "short stories" or whatever. This intro will describe the main setting, some of the characters, and more.)

The basic "plot":
In a tavern, many stories are told. From real to folktale, you'll find it in a tavern. These are some of those stories, told by frequent patrons of a tavern.

The setting: A tavern called the Cloudy Berries. The oldest tavern in the fortress of Yoresun, it has seen plenty of brawls, poets, and the like. The tables are a little rickety, the mugs are a little cracked, and it always seems the chairs may fall apart at any moment (Surprisingly, they've stayed together still, even after 26 years!). But why do dwarves keep coming here? Good booze, hospitality, and fine stories! There always seems to be something for a dwarf's tastes in the Cloudy Berries.

Characters:

Mïshak Quakesmith: The barkeep of the Cloudy Berries. Quiet and negotiable, they say he used to be a scholar.
He's known for a rule of his that if you can't pay, you gotta have a good story to tell! He fears large roaches so much, he'll faint if he sees one!

*Midnight blue eyes, and auburn hair and beard. Peach skin.

Bab Peekmold: The semi-senile fisherman with many a story to tell. He's boasted of lifting a boulder over his head, killing 100 goblins and other unbelievable feats!
Many say he's a lier though. Who knows?

*Ameythyst eyes, grey hair and beard, dark peach skin*

Sosad Jawink: A fat mooch to those he knows, even Mïshak doesn't like him! When he pays, however, he'll pay a fortune! Why? He's the son of the count! Must have been spoiled a lot as a kid...

*Jade eyes, peach skin, russet hair and beard*

Gulnas Crescentcrown and Uvar Judgegully: A duo of poets who work with the Cloudy Berries. Gulnas is hot-tempered, while Uvar attempts to often calm him, usually to no avail. Uvar is also a coward at heart, often having Gulnas, the much more capable fighter, fight his battles.
Gulnas and Uvar are, sadly, not really good entertainment...

*Gulnas has pale blue eyes, copper hair and beard and tan skin. Uvar has bronze eyes, light brown hair, and peach skin*

*For artists desiring to draw these characters.

(Here's what I got so far.)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 12:33:09 am by Asin »

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
Re: Tavern Tales #0: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 04:51:37 pm »

Sorry for a double post, but...
What do ya think of the idea?

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: Tavern Tales #0: Introduction
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 03:44:50 am »

Good.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.