Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tame elf-queen of Dwarven civ  (Read 3032 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: Tame elf-queen of Dwarven civ
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 06:13:24 am »

No, I haven't heard of him. Did he have a beard?
Everyone who pointed out it was fake is dead.

He killed them with a glance.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2011, 06:24:16 am »

O Shimmler, have you not heard of Cacame, Elf-King of the Dwarves? Let not the queen's form disturb you, for within her must surely sleep a power near to his.

Cacame's sister?
Maybe it's same history seed, so its parallel dimension Cacame?
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2011, 06:49:34 am »

When you use runesmith to tame sentient creatures that same thing happens. It recognizes them as sentient but the game still treats them like animals. I've heard of elves ruling dwarven civilizations because of events in world gen so this might just be an extension of that. My advice is to make her into a mascot, throw crocodiles at her I like doing both.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2011, 07:33:54 am »

Yup she has all (almost) flags same as dwarves, same civ number yet she's tame. If you check can_move (the only one dwarves have and she hasn't she'll turn friendly and disappear from noble screen. Yet you can mark her for slaughter in runesmith and make a cloak for your duke out of her.  ;)
By the way, nice fort and fantastic place you've embarked in, but where are all goblins?

Edit: poked into legends. Actually Shimmler got two queens, her husband is actually queen of an elven civilization. The history says elves were fighting with dwarves since the world creation and last dwarven queen starved in 100 year, then dwarves got first elven queen which was promptly killed by night creature the same year. Then after another assault Ustuth came to power, three years later she got married with elven queen
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 08:16:35 am by Di »
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Shimmler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2011, 09:23:37 am »

The goblins are coming, I turned off invasions to finish ground works (lame, I know). Already dispatched a FB and now waiting for  siege. Snatchers already appeared.
By the way, the queen died of thirst in drowning chamber. Ironic, isn't it? I was thinking whether to let her go or drown her, and then completely forgot until I got the message that she died. I was thinking that her, being non-dwarf, won't need water, so I didn't even think of checking on her.

nerdyboy321123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2011, 09:43:20 am »

Why would you kill a possible descendent of Cacame?
how exactly did you weaponize cows into emissary-assassins without causing the expected loyalty cascade?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2011, 01:17:27 pm »

The goblins are coming, I turned off invasions to finish ground works (lame, I know). Already dispatched a FB and now waiting for  siege. Snatchers already appeared.
By the way, the queen died of thirst in drowning chamber. Ironic, isn't it? I was thinking whether to let her go or drown her, and then completely forgot until I got the message that she died. I was thinking that her, being non-dwarf, won't need water, so I didn't even think of checking on her.

Tamed sentient creatures won't drink booze, they need a designated water source. It's actually a shame you lost your pet elf- I don't think she would have been able to make mandates or complain about her quarters. You could have thrown her into a pasture and let passers by see your Dwarven superiority.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2011, 05:45:41 pm »

Tell me you didn't save... :(

Dammit.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2011, 05:52:41 pm »

Yup she has all (almost) flags same as dwarves, same civ number yet she's tame. If you check can_move (the only one dwarves have and she hasn't she'll turn friendly and disappear from noble screen. Yet you can mark her for slaughter in runesmith and make a cloak for your duke out of her.  ;)
By the way, nice fort and fantastic place you've embarked in, but where are all goblins?

Edit: poked into legends. Actually Shimmler got two queens, her husband is actually queen of an elven civilization. The history says elves were fighting with dwarves since the world creation and last dwarven queen starved in 100 year, then dwarves got first elven queen which was promptly killed by night creature the same year. Then after another assault Ustuth came to power, three years later she got married with elven queen
Wait are same sex couples is  even possible in df?
Df rule 34, the game dose it for
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2011, 06:16:33 pm »

See: male elf princess.  The noble positions make no judge of gender, and certain quirks can happen when inheriting a position.  I assume this happens like when 1: a female becomes a duchess.  2: the duchess has a male child.  3: The duchess dies, and the son becomes the new duchess.

Nobles are weird.

Shimmler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2011, 01:56:01 am »

Why would you kill a possible descendent of Cacame?

It was not intended, honestly.

Tell me you didn't save... :(

Dammit.

Alas. Also, it wasn't possible to designate a tomb for her (obviously), so dwarves dropped her in the nearest coffin.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2011, 01:58:29 am »

You should be able to engrave a memorial slab, if nothing else.

Shimmler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2011, 02:02:40 am »

I think I'll name my drownng chamber in her honor. It's the least I can do.
Pages: 1 [2]