Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Most valuable dwarf?  (Read 2114 times)

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Most valuable dwarf?
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 01:46:18 am »

I distinctly remember my second fort and first really, really useful legendary--his name was Momuz and he was a carpenter.  He made amazing barrels, beds and bins, he could make a dozen barrels in a few seconds, each one a masterpiece.  Since this was my second fort ever, it seems entirely practical to release an armed goblin thief in the middle of my barracks via cage+lever assembly.  The goblin booked it out of the room, ran straight into Momuz and decapitated him with a single strike

I still like to pretend it wasn't stupidity on my part-- the goblins knew, you see, and they sent an assassin.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Endiqua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2011, 08:22:59 am »

Currently, my most valuable dwarf is Tulon Stakudshadmal Thortith Bukog, talented swordsdwarf and legendary +5 chef.  Seriously wounded in the first year, she went on to recover quickly and began producing awesome meals.  When needed, she drops her chef's knife and butchers goblins and cave beasts with her sword.  She is the subject of many statues.  Alas, suddenly, my most recent save is crashing every time I open it.  Darn it, I was kind of attached to this one.
DF sets out a challenge to us with no explanation and no assistance, and each time we fail it becomes more merciless, but we continue in the hopes that we can show it, "See?  I'm doing good, right?  I kept the little men alive!  You're proud of me, right?"

Indricotherium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2011, 09:08:53 am »

I distinctly remember my second fort and first really, really useful legendary--his name was Momuz and he was a carpenter.  He made amazing barrels, beds and bins, he could make a dozen barrels in a few seconds, each one a masterpiece.  Since this was my second fort ever, it seems entirely practical to release an armed goblin thief in the middle of my barracks via cage+lever assembly.  The goblin booked it out of the room, ran straight into Momuz and decapitated him with a single strike

I still like to pretend it wasn't stupidity on my part-- the goblins knew, you see, and they sent an assassin.

Exactly! That's exactly the way to think for maximum enjoyment and fun! Bravo!
That is a wasteful idea that recklessly endangers life. I applaud your genius!
There are as many ways to play the game as there are socks on a battlefield.

moki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2011, 09:39:08 am »

Most valuable for me is a the farmer/brewer. I usually start with one dwarf proficient in both skills who soon becomes legendary and can feed a fortress of 50 all by himself. Until other farmers are trained to that level, this guy is the single most important dwarf.
But my good sir, the second death was for Dwarven Science!

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2011, 10:04:54 am »

The most valuable dwarf to me is the very last dwarf standing.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.
Pages: 1 [2]