Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Artifact weapon from attachment  (Read 1204 times)

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Artifact weapon from attachment
« on: August 30, 2011, 09:56:49 am »

So when a dwarf grows attach to a masterfully made weapon, would the quality(and weapon to-hit modifier) turn into artifact instead of masterful?

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Artifact weapon from attachment
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 10:23:48 am »

No, the quality doesn't change, sadly.
All you need to know about Ardentdikes
It is really, really easy to flood this place with magma fwiw.

Doors stop fire, right?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 02:01:27 pm »

It becomes a fake artifact, unable to be dumped, has a name, but is otherwise identical.  No value increase and no to-hit modifier.  It's basically your dwarves just dicking around, their bloodstained bodies and their dulled mind wandering to thoughts of their weapon.  "Hey, Hey Urist.  I got a great idea.  I'm gonna give my weapon, a name!"  "Holy shit, that sounds amazing!  You mean you do that?  You can give a NAME to a weapon?!"

Mechatronic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 02:33:12 pm »

It becomes a fake artifact, unable to be dumped, has a name, but is otherwise identical.  No value increase and no to-hit modifier.  It's basically your dwarves just dicking around, their bloodstained bodies and their dulled mind wandering to thoughts of their weapon.  "Hey, Hey Urist.  I got a great idea.  I'm gonna give my weapon, a name!"  "Holy shit, that sounds amazing!  You mean you do that?  You can give a NAME to a weapon?!"
"Even if it's a saguaro rib training axe that you've been told to train with because we don't have any decent weapons yet and then if you're ever going to be of any use you have to be removed from the military to get the damned thing off you. However, better still to name your pine shield: then when die in a fire protecting the entrance your shield will burn on for eternity. Other dwarves will pay tribute to your heroic death by not sparing themselves as they walk over the ever-burning relic until someone figures out what the hell is causing everyone to bleed to death and re-routes the entire entrance."

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 03:34:04 pm »

Do named weapons resist burning?  That's curious...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 03:36:13 pm »

I belive !!SCIENCE!! is called for here...
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 04:49:48 pm »

*Dons his lab coat, pulls list out of front pocket*

hmm...

ok. Edit raws to make free glumprong. Edit raws to make all dwarves legendary in all skills. Make glumprong training swords and shields, assign militia with those. Tell militia to attack every living creature on the map. Repeat until attachment.

!!MAGMA!!.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.