Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: You are a Robot.  (Read 9063 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Robot.
« Reply #105 on: August 31, 2011, 03:55:21 pm »

Don't have time for a full update at the moment, but I can clarify some things:

Your job is not to go with the majority, your job is to make a game that makes the forums at large a better place If there already are 99 games that follow the majority then making a 100th is pointless.
Semantics. What is better for the forums at large, a game that goes with the decisions of the minority, or one that chooses the majority instead? The purpose of a game is to be entertaining. A forum game should entertain as many people as possible.

Also: what "philosophy"? there's nothing philosophical about my suggestions. On the contrary, they are entirely straightforward, unless you've actually painted yourself into a corner as badly as making a system you don't yourself understand plot central.
Eh. Yeah, that was a poor choice of words. Point is, the software stuff has 2 problems:
1. It's entirely too abstract. I could figure out what it meant, but it's too confusing given the second point.
2. The robot's actual software is pretty much irrelevant. Why? Because it is being controlled by suggestions. Which means I cannot meaningfully represent changes to it's mind without taking away control from the players. The other two I can answer fine, and since this isn't a 'canon' update, I might as well:

>ADAPT(target=self, iPoint=input custom(the pile of random electronics), iLevel=replace)
Nothing. The program spits out an out of range error and crashes.

>ADAPT(target=[image of a fractal, RGB value of a sky blue colour], iPoint=Body, iLevel=modify)[/spoiler]
Does about what you would expect: Changes the robot's silver finish to a blue one.

From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]