Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Current Bugs & Workarounds  (Read 27543 times)

Maltay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Current Bugs & Workarounds
« Reply #135 on: August 29, 2011, 07:38:01 pm »

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Maltay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 29, 2011, 07:43:15 pm »

There exists an unofficial fix for making crystal glass, but it only works with the Win32 SDL version - open "Dwarf Fortress.exe" in a hex editor and change the following bytes:
Code: [Select]
0036AE87: Change "7C B8 32 00 00 00" to "78 0F BF 47 7C 90"
0036AE9B: Change "0F BF 4F 78 85 C9" to "B9 32 00 00 00 90"

I could probably produce a patch for the Win32 Legacy version as well, but I don't believe I'd be able to patch the Linux or Mac versions.

Added solution to bug.
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Maltay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 29, 2011, 07:43:52 pm »

I second the notion!

Thank you for the praise.

Maltay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 29, 2011, 07:44:23 pm »

Bump. This should be stickied in my opinion.

Little question. I set a trap and tested it on my dwarves. a torrent of water pushing them into a pit trap, with a wall grate to let the water out. most of the dwarves were pushed through the grate, but left some of their armour behind. One dwarf was left in the pit and subsequently cannot get out. Is it a bug that the dwarves were pushed through the grate ?

Thank you for the praise.  Added a response to your question to the list.  It is also answered in the next post in the thread by a reader.

Maltay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 29, 2011, 07:45:18 pm »

Maltay, please update first post.
Thanks.

Done, multiple times in fact.  Apologies, I was out of the country and Dwarf Fortress was low on the priority list.  I am now back.

Maltay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 29, 2011, 07:45:44 pm »

If you (f)orbid the liquid in a barrel, but tell your dwarves to bring the barrel to a trade depot, the liquid will be dumped on the ground and the barrel brought to trade.
This might work for the bucket too, though it's so roundabout I honestly can't imagine someone bothering for a simple bucket.

Corrected.

Maltay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 29, 2011, 07:46:18 pm »

As long as I'm here...

Problem: Shearing gives "No creature" despite multiple creatures ready for shearing

Workaround: Some people have reported sporadic success by deconstructing all farmers' workshops and then building a new one.  This definitely does not fix the problem consistently.

Thank you for the bug.  Unfortunately, I was away and did not update the thread in time.  Fortunately, ToadyOne already fixed it.

Maltay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 29, 2011, 07:46:42 pm »

The milking workaround is not working for me in .19.  I have a crapload of animals, and two farmers' workshops set up by the pasture.  I dumped the bucket containing water+lye in the hallway just outside the workshops.  I unforbade it.  When I schedule milking jobs, I get "Urist McMilker cancels Milk Creature: Need empty bucket."

This is freakin' ridiculous.  I'm just going to atom smash the damned bucket.

Corrected.

Maltay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 29, 2011, 07:46:59 pm »

What I do to clear out partial buckets is to forbid all empty buckets, set up a channel off to a map edge fortification, then designate a pond over the channel.  The dwarves will use the partially full buckets and dump the contents, once a bucket has been emptied I forbid it, repeating until all empty buckets are forbidden, then I de-activate the pond and claim the buckets.  So far it has worked well for me.

Added to solution.

Maltay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 29, 2011, 07:47:20 pm »

Marksdwarves also grab ammo from stockpiles now, no problem.  That bug list is pretty out of date.

Corrected.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]