Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mega-Mod Collaboration and Compilation  (Read 2232 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Mega-Mod Collaboration and Compilation
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2011, 07:45:23 am »

thanks all, also deon, I might need some help troubleshooting with the casts.... also corrosion will NOT be added, because it goes out of the theme of the other mods etc. And I think putting someone in charge of one thing at a time would be REALLY helpful. tonight is the time when i work my ass of.... ok well i just work.... First off i am going to list all the new civs in the mods, all the new plants, and all the new animals, etc (FML!!!!!!!!!) fun right? and deon do you have a list of the added plants? because that would be helpful..... (animals toooooo :o)

In the next version (which should be released soon) I will have a list of all plants in the plant files (I sorted plants alphabetically and put in 3 files: trees, underground, aboveground). Doing the same stuff with animals will take a bit more time.

The main reason why I don't play mixmod is because it mixes star pirates with elves etc :). If you plan to keep a "fantasy" theme, it would be awesome!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

dimondmine2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2011, 12:28:10 pm »

well im going for the time period where there are some guns but they are HARD to produce, (black powder firearms)
ok well right now i am going to focus on one thing and the first thing that popped into my head was (drumroll) firearms, and also im a dabbling modder, but anyone can learn... right? anyway that is whats first on the list (also deon your genesis guide is less that helpful, but i did make an extreme rough draft for the added animals)

also theres something i want to do for the wiki (this is going to be a log of all the work and thoughts for df as well)

weapons should have a sort of... ratio, for example when looking at a discription of a....... dagger

dagger
contact area (small contact area) (actual number)
penetration (moderate) (actuall number)
etc etc etc

i think that would be helpful, also a simaler thing for animals, df is just so.... MESSYYYY and you have to guess everything by the way it looks and this is what i think of when i examine something

"you there, good dwarf, could you give me a discription of that katana your holding"
"well you can see what is killed, and its a katana, and its made of iron, and its masterfuly crafted, and yea...."
"well... how good is it at pierceing stuff....."
"how the hell should i know"
"MUST.... NOT.... KILL.... SELF!!!!"

ok, also if toady adds a training dummy it should function as a archery target, not a workshop, so that dwarves can use it while they are actually in the military.

well here goes for the list and stuff XD

WEAPONS FROM GENESIS
- Deadly archery: bolts can pierce armor, and Sylvan singing arrows are outright deadly. Now bowmen/crossbowmen have a real chance to fight, and you need a shield to fight them.

WEAPONS FROM DFA

.... there is not list.... TROLL FACE!!!! ok i will be patient, TO THE RAWS

ok heres the stuff from genesis,

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

dimondmine2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2011, 12:41:50 pm »

Yay i narrowed it down
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

dimondmine2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2011, 02:46:26 pm »

caste combo time

DFA
Priest (holy)
Warrior (fighter)
peasant (standard)
noble (noble)

Genesis

Steel (fighter)
Obsidian (just plain cool)
gloomer ( creeper)
jade (smart)
shroom (weak and plentiful)
aspid (poisen, snakelike)
moss (resistance to sickness)
ice (ummmm...... never seen one of these)
stone (standard)

Warriors can be
steel, obsidian, gloomer, aspid, moss, ice, stone

Nobles can be
obsidian, jade, stone,

Priests can be
jade, moss, ice, stone, gloomer (rare evil priest?),

Peasants can be
gloomer, shroom, aspid, moss, ice, stone
Pages: 1 [2]