Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Gravebolt - Savage Paradise (Community fort)  (Read 1528 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
Re: Gravebolt - Savage Paradise (Community fort)
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2011, 04:01:58 am »

I'm taking a miner. Call him Gar
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2011, 04:06:10 am »

Done. You are Gar Locksabre, the guy who calls Buck boss and has no bad physical traits. So you can actually handle yourself in a fight now.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2011, 04:13:30 am »

What are the stats, likes, dislikes, etc of my dorfette? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2011, 04:42:42 am »

Nix Bokbonzefon

She is a faithful worshipper of Tobul, the moss dwarfette associated with mountains, and a dubious worshipper of Ekast who is alos a moss dwarfette but is associated with Fortresses.

She is sixty two years old.

She is muscular. Her hair is clean shaven. Her dark peach skin is very smooth. Her somewhat narrow green eyes are deeply sunken. Her somewhat broad ears have nearly fused lobes.

She is strong, but she is flimsy.
She likes casserite, cobalt, almandine, clear glass, the color turqoise, greaves, scepters and pandas for their lazy nature. When possible she prefer to consume Macaque, julmust and sweet potato starch. She absolutly detests purring maggots.

She is often sad and dejected. She is self-concious. She is confidant under pressure. She is not a risk-taker. She is rarely happy or enthusiastic. She is open-minded to new ideas. She is trusting. She is modest. She has a sense of duty. She stiffens up when shes suprised. (Needs alchohol ect.)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 04:44:15 am by Masked_Hunter1825 »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2011, 04:49:50 am »

She doesn't seem like a positive sort of person  :(.  Please train her up in wrestling and hand to hand combat, I want her to be able to fight.  Thanks for the update. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2011, 04:54:48 am »

Okay, boss. Any orders?

Also, pictures and maps would be useful.
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2011, 04:58:14 am »

Im too lazy to add pictures right now. Don't mind it. :D

ushilzagith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2011, 12:19:05 pm »

As stated, I will decide on my dorf's name and persona once I get more information. While I would prefer a warrior, anyone with an interesting personality from non-standard race such as aspid, ice (obviously), obsidian or steel dwarf would be lovely. In the case of a warrior, Amostgar.

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2011, 10:47:37 pm »

Theres a gloomer hammerwoman. Would that suffice?

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2011, 12:19:14 am »

Bucks Journal 4th Granite, 253.

Last I wrote it was the start of summer. Now its a new year. Summer passed uneventfully, but we did breach two caverns. We found tetrahedrite, so we made some copper. One of our dwarves decided to take up alchemy and transformed that copper into wonderful gold. Fall is when things really began to pick up. Two cavarans, one from the mountain home and one from them desert elves. Unfortunatly we were too busy to trade with them and they left.

After the caravan from the mountain home left, wonderful news! Adamantine, the blessed ore! We've found some and our miners began to dig some out. Winter was also somewhat uneventful, we found orthoclause so we can make Sun Gold via alchemy too in case we run low on adamantine.

Unfortunatly, one of our Miners Gar had an accident. While digging he dug out some magma the wrong way and burned to death. A memorial will be made for him. Farewell, Gar. You were one hell'ova miner. But we got some new folks too. Cheveux, a Weaponsmith arrived. Hes a fat lookin' Shroom dwarf. Hes good at making weapons for us though, which is nice. Nix, our woodcutter is becoming skilled at hand to hand combat. Infact, a raptor came along and she actually managed to kill it with her bare hands! Got a bad bite on her arm though. We should probably get a medical chief. Anyways, spring is here so its time to see what happens.

Buck smiled and put his journal down, and went back to updating the stocks.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2011, 02:01:14 am »

I really hope that raptor didn't have rabies.  Thanks for training up my dorfette, please keep doing it. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2011, 04:15:14 am »

Oh.  :o

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2011, 04:37:33 am »

Yeah. Sorry peregarrett. If you want a new dwarf let me know. Also, the reason I didn't update about Yerp is because hes sorta doing nothing intresting.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2011, 07:47:43 pm »

I'd like a mechanic named Arzun Loderr. Male, please.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2011, 09:18:43 pm »

Give me one of the miners. Here is his card:

Name: Indiana Urist
Skills: whatever current Miner
Profession: Archeologist
Bio: A skilled archeologist, he has gone on many digs before the war. He has recovered great golden artifacts made by people from before time. His former office was loaded with the stuff he had dug up. But once this had happened, he had avoided fights. He feared accidentally killing someone. His greater fear was execution.

Here are his diary entries from his greatest dig:

17th of Hematite, 94:
I have been assigned by the Queen to search for more artifacts. So far, I have dug up many figurines of Forgotten Beasts made mostly of gold, some of silver.

But this place was known. By many. Some foolish enough have gone in. None have ever come out. I'm going to change that soon.

4th of Galena, 94:
We have arrived at the place I have been told to find. I have four other companions. A guide, two guards and a great friend of mine. This place was a great distance from the Mountainhomes, so we were given mounts. I got a Cave Crocodile. The guards received Giant Cave Swallows. The guide rode a Voracious Cave Crawler. My friend, who is called "Satipo" by many, has been riding a Giant Cave Spider.

The guide said we have arrived at the outskirts, and we all got off our mounts. We each got a rope of pig-tail fibres and a small wooden stake. We drove our stakes into the ground, tied one end of our ropes to the stakes, and the other around the necks of our mounts.

We approached carefully. I've been leading, and uncovered a mossy statue. A horde of bats flew out. They scared off one of our guards. The other guard, the guide and Satipo were unfazed, and we continued.

I later bumped into another statue, and it toppled. Swarms of rats came out. Our other guard threw his weapon down and ran, screaming. Damn cowards. Us who remained continued.

Apparently Satipo and the guide fell behind, because I noticed they were examining something in a tree. Satipo licked the tip of what appeared to be a blow-dart, and promptly spat it out. He threw the dart down, and caught up. I heard a faint clicking sound, and yanked my whip--a special one made of leather from the humans--from my right hip, and cracked it on the guide's hand. The crossbow he carried flew towards me, and slammed on the creek bank. A loud CRACK came from the weapon, and the steel bolt flew out into the jungle. The guide gave me a frightened look, and I replied with a `I'm going to kill you if you try that again` look. We continued.

----------
(NOTE:this part may have some minor smears of the ink from wading through a shallow stream)
As we hi?ed through the jungle, I tri??ed over a stone. No, not a stone, I thought. I  neeled down to examine what I had tripped over. I f lt an edge. It was a brick. I t?ok my iron pick from my pack, and took a swing at an odd c?iff face of soil. It gave way in one whack, and we found a cave entrance. I told the guide to keep watch out here, while Satipo and I went in. I pulled out a small ba? of alpaca fur, and picked up a handful of sand. I put some sand in the bag, and ?ut the bag back in my pack. We progressed slowly. After a few dozen yards, Satipo said he felt something--crawling-- on his back. I felt it too, and waved my whip over my back. Cave spiders, ugly little buggers that skitter around on eight legs. Satipo turned around, and I found WAY more spiders on his back than mine. I wiped them off, and we continued.
----------

We came across a small light. Satipo thought it an inconvenience, and wanted to go through. I stopped him before he moved another inch, and quickly waved my hand through the light. Five wooden spikes came out of the ground, revealing a clothed, human body on them. Satipo shuddered, but I was unfazed. I had seen such traps before. We went around the light. Later, we came across a deep pit, perhaps over a hundred feet deep, with a long bronze tube over it. I swung my whip, and it latched onto the tube with a satisfying CRACK. I ran a short distance, and jumped, still clinging to the whip. I landed expertly on the other side. I threw the handle at Satipo, who caught it and clung to it with his life. He jumped and swung across, but landed short. I grabbed his shirt. I picked him up, and we continued.

We came across a long hallway, with odd looking tiles, and strangely placed holes in the wall. Far at the end, upon a pedestal, lay an idol of pure, solid gold.
Satipo was about to run at it, but again I stopped him. I picked up a small cudgel of wood, and pressed it down on a tile. A small copper dart flew out of a hole on the left. I knew it: a hallway lined with blow-gun traps. A trap for the proud. I carefully traversed the hall, avoiding the ovular tiles. I almost lost my balance and fell, but I kept from tipping over far enough to fall. I continued to traverse. I finally hit the pedestal. I wanted to grab the idol and run, but that's what a fool would have done. I remembered the bag of sand I had picked up, and took the bag out. I tested the bag's weight to what I guessed to be the idol's, and took some sand out. I carefully moved the bag slowly to the idol. Closer, closer, till I was sweating. I finally, quickly, replaced the idol with the bag. I looked at the idol, masterfully made, and with the image of--you guessed it-- a forgotten beast. Suddenly, the walls began crumbling, caving in.  ran like Hell out of that area, knowing that if a dart hit me, I would die within a few minutes, and our fame from this artifact would be lost forever. Satipo and I ran as fast as we could--which wasn't all that fast, once you take the natural speed of us dwarves into the equation. We came to the pit. Satipo already made it across, and he kept telling me to throw the idol, and he'd give me the whip. I pitched that sucker as fast as I could at Satipo, and he caught it. He said, "Adios, Amigo," and ran. I resorted to jumping. I caught a thick rope reed root. I knew I survived, but then it started pulling forth. I climbed, and eventually got out. I grabbed my whip, just before the heavy stone door slammed down on it.

I ran to the light trap, and found--to my grief--Satipo's impaled corpse. I grabbed the idol and ran out a doorway. Then I heard rumbling behind me. I looked, and to my horror, a gigantic, perfectly round boulder came rolling at me. I ran like HELL away, running through darkness, through fear, through a cave spider web, till I finally tripped over another brick, and face-planted into the dirt. A horde of ant-men, led by a goblin in a jungle hat and khaki clothing, met me. I looked at the guide. Apparently, he had done his job--that is, until he fell forward, his backside riddled with wooden blow-darts. I looked at the goblin. My eyes burned with hatred. My arch-enemy--Rene Belllock--looked contently at me. "Hello, Dr. Urist. We meet again. Now, give me the idol, and I spare your life," were his exact words. I started to pull my pick from its holder on my hip, but the ant-men put the back ends of their blow-guns to their mouths and raised their spears. I gave my pick to Rene, and he took it. He held his green-skinned hand towards me, and demanded the idol. Much to my regretting, I gave it to him. "If only you spoke ant-man..." he said, and held the idol in the air. The ant-peoples bowed down, and I saw my chance. I ran. Rene must have given them the signal to kill me, because I saw darts and spears fly past--some right by my head. I jumped into the river and swam towards the giant, amphibious mount ridden by a pilot I had hired. Jock, was his name. He was fishing from the Giant Cave Swallow he flew. I shouted, "JOCK!!! STOP FISHING, DAMMIT!!!" was one phrase I shouted. "WAKE THE BIRD UP, JOCK!!!" He kicked the bird's neck, and it woke up. I jumped onto its wing, and onto the front saddle. Just in time, too, because the great bird started soaring high into the air. I relaxed for a while, right up until I saw a MASSIVE snake slither into my lap. I freaked out. Me: "JOCK! THERE'S A BIG SNAKE IN THE FRONT SADDLE OF THE BIRD, JOCK!!!" Jock: "What!?!? Oh, that's just my pet snake, Redgie!!!" Me: "I HATE SNAKES, JOCK!!! I HATE 'EM!!!" Jock: "Come on! Show a little backbone, will ya!"

Sorry for the long post. I had to think of an entertaining story about my dwarf.
Pages: 1 [2]