Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Catching Live Fish  (Read 1893 times)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Catching Live Fish
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2011, 08:56:25 pm »

Just so you know, their skulls aren't useful anymore in 0.31.xx - apparently, Toady thought it was so wrong that he changed it.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

CriticallyAshamed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 11:22:42 pm »

Yet here we are dropping kittens on our dwarves to turn them into emotionless monsters; there's still plenty of "wrong" about DF. Although I spose when you implement a peaceful civilisation of mermaids you really don't expect your playerbase to attempt to farm and butcher your creation.

Valdrax

• Bay Watcher
  • HUGE ELF (bluh bluh)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2011, 08:51:26 pm »

Yet here we are dropping kittens on our dwarves to turn them into emotionless monsters; there's still plenty of "wrong" about DF. Although I spose when you implement a peaceful civilisation of mermaids you really don't expect your playerbase to attempt to farm and butcher your creation.

Well, you should...   ;D
The history of a good fortress is not written in blood, it's painted on the walls by the hand of a melancholy orphan.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2011, 08:56:16 pm »

It's the Lord British Postulate - if it's alive, expect someone to try to kill it.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2011, 01:37:20 am »

FWIW, I now have a -highwood animal trap- containing a live perch. The only dwarf who could have put it there was a Great Trapper with a Catch Live Land Animal command in a kennel. I'm pretty confident that this perch was in a pool that got drained, so it was actually on land when it was captured.
Pages: 1 [2]