Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Caveman Mode  (Read 1560 times)

Alhash

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFFORTRESS_DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
Caveman Mode
« on: August 19, 2011, 04:15:19 pm »

Regrettably, I do not have the save, I lost it a while ago when my computer crashed.
I changed the settings so there is savagery everywhere, whether it is 1 or 100. Meaning no dwarves could exist. But that's not all, there was something quite interesting. No weapons, no shields, no armours. Nothing. Not even wooden items. And I was in the age of 1, so there was only two town in the entire world. One Forest Retreat, and one human town. And to make it even more caveman like, all the creatures where prehistoric like! Giant Leopolds and Lions, it was all rainforest. I couldn't tell if this was an amazing world, or a terrible one!
Unfortunately, you could only play Adventurer Mode, so no Cavedwarves. :(

Has anyone made a similar world?

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: Caveman Mode
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 08:07:44 pm »

it's impossible(as far as I know) to set the end year for world gen to one.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Plank of Wood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 08:17:02 pm »

But it is possible to immediately pause generation at Age 1 and use it as it exists.
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
They're like little bearded corals.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 11:05:03 pm »

*facepalm* I gotta try that! :o
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 12:33:52 am »

I made a world like this, only had a single dwarf and elf civ, so I picked human outsider, and ended up making some sort of cro-magnon character with a specialization in throwing, wrestling, scratching and biting. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 12:21:30 pm »

I'm gonna do a basic world generation with very high natural savagery and very rare mineral appearance, and I'm gonna set the world to stop genning at year 5.

To make things MUCH easier for me, I'm going to use the Wanderer's Friend Adventurer Mode mod to make weapons, ammo, and armor from the bones, clothing, backpacks, quivers and other armor from the skins of the animals, as well as being able to gather wood and make wooden barrels and chests and bows.

The reactions to make cloth items don't seem to work, so I'm going to add the need for leather to make a leather shirt or other item.

And, instead of crossbows, I'm going to make it possible for my adventurer to make blow-guns and blow-darts, despite being a relatively inferior weapon. Also going to remake the reactions to make obsidian shortswords, metal daggers and metal slicing knives from scavenged metal instead of bone longswords, two-handed swords and greataxes.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 09:53:08 am »

I genned my world last night. Gonna try it now.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 01:37:40 am »

I genned my world last night. Gonna try it now.

Keep us posted
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 09:01:45 am »

Well, that didn't work. I didn't put in Wanderer's Friend yet 'cause I'm still adding my own reactions to make gameplay a whole lot more like I'm scavenging to survive (pulling roots from the earth as thread, making obsidian shortswords, etc.). As of now, I've added the ability to forage oak and willow wood in addition to pine, and I've added the reaction to pull roots (rope reed thread) from the ground. For food, I will mainly hunt, but I will also add reactions to forage for strawberries and fisher berries. I don't know how I could get fish, though.

Once I manage to get the bow-string reaction to work, I could make a bow from the scavenged willow, but until then, it's hunting and fighting with blow-guns and their respective darts.

Once I find one, I will clear out the residents of a night beast's lair and make it my home. I will craft barrels and keep bought drinks in them. I will craft chests and keep loot and other things in them.

Only problem is, how do I make a reaction to forage for the berries I talked about earlier?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 12:02:22 pm »

I used to use a mod that allowed you to gather plants, it may have been one of the older versions of battlecraft.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 03:12:54 pm »

Only problem is, how do I make a reaction to forage for the berries I talked about earlier?
Never mind. I got the reactions, but I'm still working on the metal weapons. I'll start my world once I get this mod in.