Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Get rid of aquifers  (Read 1737 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Get rid of aquifers
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2011, 05:01:41 pm »

I don't think it can be controlled, period.

I think that they're affected by drainage levels, but so are other things.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 05:50:39 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Kilumanjaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2011, 05:14:04 pm »

IRL, screw pumps were originally invented to deal with groundwater seepage into mine pits and moving water off of desired flood-lands or swamps.  but deep mines as they now exist that hit major water (underground rivers or water filled caves) are pretty much SOL.  The work required to repair the break and recover the mine is very cost-prohibitive.  Not to different from DF.

As for DF aquifers, I'd like to see them as they currently exist toned down more towards groundwater seepage levels, depending on soil type/drainage levels, paired with the return of water-based underground features, like 10-z deep underground lakes and 3 dimensional weaving underground rivers.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2011, 05:53:31 pm »

NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Malarauko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2011, 06:57:06 pm »

OP you need to dwarf the hell up. A real dwarf wouldn't whine 'bout aquifers he would invent a way to destroy all of them!!!
Dwarf Fortress - Losing is fun.
Pages: 1 [2]