Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Crash while looking at stocks screen  (Read 385 times)

Starfisher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Crash while looking at stocks screen
« on: November 27, 2007, 12:49:00 pm »

I just got the save for a succession game and decided to see what stocks we had. Shortest turn ever. It locked up immediately upon me page downing to the bottom of the list - as soon as I hit "prepared meals", the lock up occurred. Scrolling down to prepared meals using the arrow key results in the same behavior: as soon as I hit prepared meals, it locks up. I think this might have something to do with the 13,000 coins in the fortress and the fact that we have high precision set for the book-keeper.

Here's the save: http://rapidshare.com/files/72585638/Region1.zip

Yourself

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crash while looking at stocks screen
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 01:36:00 pm »

Somewhat related to this is I've noticed a considerable delay when trying to view the stones under the stock screens.  This seems to get worse as the number of stones gets larger.  But 5000 stones shouldn't take an entire second to count up.  It doesn't cause a crash and may not actually be a bug, but it is annoying trying to scroll down through the list and it pauses as I pass "stones".

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Crash while looking at stocks screen
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 05:10:00 am »

It was actually the liquids, which are right below the prepared foods.  There were actually 10000 of them, and they were all in waterskins, and the containment triggered the worst bits of the list formation code that I still have to clean up to make that screen faster.  Anyway, the root cause is the waterskin filling bug, where the soldiers would fill their waterskins with items forever.  These items also turned out to have amount set to zero, which is why they wouldn't stop filling, so I've patched the saves by setting all the amounts to 1 and then blasting any extra liquid items that shouldn't fit in the affected waterskins.  I haven't cleaned up the viewing delay for related stocks list entries, such as having 100000 stone.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!