Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Healthcare training building problem  (Read 713 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Healthcare training building problem
« on: August 01, 2011, 04:11:13 pm »

I've been using a slightly modified version of the Anatomical theater and library from Deon's genesis mod to keep my doctors up to snuff and prevent them from getting rusty.  However, in my most recent fortress, Doc just hasn't been getting better.  The workshop builds, the task is there, and he works on it, but his skills keep getting rusty.  Here's the relevant parts of the RAWs:

Spoiler: In building_healthcare (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: In building_training (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: In reaction_healthcare (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  In reaction_training (click to show/hide)

Is there something obvious that I'm missing?  I should note that I just recently edited the diagnose reaction to do away with the vellum requirement found in Deon's mod.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
  • discuss safe nourishing non-plant non-animal diets
    • View Profile
Re: Healthcare training building problem
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 06:09:06 pm »

Reaction should give products to raise stats as far as I know. Not sure if zero chance products are enough.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 05:13:15 am »

Instead of [Preserve_reagent] just give a [PRODUCT:100:1:(item):NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]

that way you can determine if you need a product or not, I acually had that issue as well were my docters wouldn't train. Saddly I had lost that mod I made a long time ago :(

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

this in theory should fix that. for the medical anyways. check your error log? because now that I remember I think my medics couldn't learn because I had the wrong skill tokens, and thus effectivly made it a skill-less job

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 05:21:24 pm »

A little bit of a necro here, but an update and another question:

I tried what Hugo suggested, removed [Preserve_reagent] and added in the appropriate product tags, and now my doctors skill up.  The problem is, however, that they produce well over 10,000 units of cloth, over 3,000 masterpiece quality, and instantly level my doctors to legendary +5.  I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong.  I just want a reaction that keeps them from skill rot, not flooding my fortress with insane amounts of cloth (I would just evaporate it, but there's a lot of masterworks in there...)

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 06:16:21 pm »

What's happening is that product dimensions are screwing things up. What we think of as one cloth is actually 10000 units of cloth. Your doctor takes one cloth to the workshop but it is actually 10000 units. For each unit of cloth present your reaction does its thing so really every time you run the reaction using one cloth you're really running it 10000 times.

For everything that uses cloth, change [REAGENT:A:1:CLOTH:NONE:NONE:NONE] to [REAGENT:A:10000:CLOTH:NONE:NONE:NONE]. For the product, just add a [PRODUCT_DIMENSION:10000] after the product line.

The same thing will happen with thread - change as above but use 15000 as the number, as that's how many units are in one thread.

(And should it ever come up, powders and bars use 150 units.)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 06:29:37 pm »

What's happening is that product dimensions are screwing things up. What we think of as one cloth is actually 10000 units of cloth. Your doctor takes one cloth to the workshop but it is actually 10000 units. For each unit of cloth present your reaction does its thing so really every time you run the reaction using one cloth you're really running it 10000 times.

For everything that uses cloth, change [REAGENT:A:1:CLOTH:NONE:NONE:NONE] to [REAGENT:A:10000:CLOTH:NONE:NONE:NONE]. For the product, just add a [PRODUCT_DIMENSION:10000] after the product line.

The same thing will happen with thread - change as above but use 15000 as the number, as that's how many units are in one thread.

(And should it ever come up, powders and bars use 150 units.)

*Face Palm* I always forget the Product_Dimension. But I don't work with too much thread or cloth... but on a side note this works fine

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Altho, the PRODUCT:50:1:THREAD:... is a new add and this reaction has only been tested to see if it worked (tested without the 50% chance thread return) so I might have some !!FUN!! if it has the same effect as spamming thread.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 08:02:41 pm »

Thanks, guys.  Everything's working smoothly, and Doc is keeping his skills up.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 02:50:04 am »

Yep, it was a big bummer when Toady made it impossible to skill up without products... It was more elegant before :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository