Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tag Suggestions  (Read 481 times)

Agorp Stronden

• Bay Watcher
  • Dead by Dawn
    • View Profile
Tag Suggestions
« on: August 26, 2011, 07:41:55 pm »

I'm not sure if this should actually be titled "token suggestions" but I'm hoping that this topic can stay afloat with anyones'(read: think it over and explain well) suggestions for adding to "entity" or "object" capabilities.

I'll start with the first. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91933.msg2567058#msg2567058

This OP wishes to have a creature that spawns with armor and a weapon. I think that is a fantastic idea. Certain creatures, think ephemeral demon master materializing through hell into our world clad in brilliant armor and weapons of demonic perfection or the good old hollow suit of armor and mimic chest, should generate with items equipped or have the capacity to simply be an animated item. Perhaps a simple [EQUIP_ITEM: (item code whatever)] would be representative of a creature to have that item with them in hand, or in mouth if they have no proper graspers. As for animated items, all items equipable or buildable(table, cage, etc.) should be able to have personified qualities, like a mouth rimmed with razor sharp teeth in a chest instead of phat lewt and that chest is perfectly capable of biting. Another neat enemy may be the phantom sword. Whatever.

I'd list a suggestion like this under a creature token and perhaps entity token category. Who knows how Toady operates but it seems like the best place to put it.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 07:44:01 pm by Agorp Stronden »

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Tag Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 10:14:47 pm »

I like the concept.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
Re: Tag Suggestions
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 05:22:01 am »

Me too.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.