Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: cage dispencers  (Read 549 times)

blizzerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
cage dispencers
« on: August 20, 2011, 03:45:48 pm »

a building that uses a few mechanisms to build that once built can be given a job to attach a certain cage with content, if a lever is attached to the cage dispenser one can open said cage by pulling the lever, and someone will immediately try to recover the cage

no need to rebind the cage to the lever since the cage is put on the dispencer by furniture hauling and the lever is attached to the dispenser to trigger the cage

why: cages are a huge unnecessary hassle when you want to make a goblin colosseum
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 03:48:34 pm by blizzerd »

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: cage dispencers
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 04:48:09 pm »

You might want to do a search for "mass pitting" on the wiki, I bet it would give you some relief.  You could also design a hatch-pressure plate system to siphon off individuals from a mass pit if you want careful control of the number of gobbos in your coliseum.

Not that that negates your suggestion or anything; just offering it because it sounds like it would solve some problems for you.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 05:06:24 pm »

I completely support this suggestion.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

blizzerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 11:20:09 pm »

You might want to do a search for "mass pitting" on the wiki, I bet it would give you some relief.  You could also design a hatch-pressure plate system to siphon off individuals from a mass pit if you want careful control of the number of gobbos in your coliseum.

Not that that negates your suggestion or anything; just offering it because it sounds like it would solve some problems for you.

goblins come in faster then i can safely pit them, and that is a big problem...

im building storages just to store cages awaiting to be processed...

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 05:30:23 am »

no ones wants a game fulll of bugs and workarounds involving magma and badgers (maybe?),we need solutions and that is one.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.